Streetfighter conversion

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: Streetfighter conversion

Post by MacV2 »

Hehehehehe...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Watty wrote:It's cack :lol: sorry Chris! :thumbup:
Yeah I'm really not a fan of that. The checklist of mods is not the route I would take.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

not my cup of tea either, :thumbdown:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:Image

Hehehehehe...
Who me.....................nah :lol:

You're all entitled to your opinion the same as I am :wink: and it's good we don't all like the same, or have the same tastes.

I'll tell why I like Street fighters or modified bikes. For me it's all about the personalisation of making your bike different from what anyone can buy off the production line (providing it's still in production and you have the funds of course), hopefully making it better than is was when new, and built to suit your style of riding and use. I admire the skill some of these people have in creating a one-off special, and I like to see the all the make up of the parts which are normally hidden by the fairing. Don't get me wrong I like the protection of a fairing now, although I did thousands of miles in my earlier biking years without any fairing or screen. The ideal situation for me would be to build a Street Fighter to go with my Storm, and it would only be taken out on dry days :D
TravisZack wrote:
Watty wrote:It's cack :lol: sorry Chris! :thumbup:
Yeah I'm really not a fan of that. The checklist of mods is not the route I would take.
I'd be interested to hear what your checklist would be :?:

Chris.
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

You know what I mean... SSSA, small tail unit, chrome everything and usually some dominator lights. All just for the sake of it, it defeats the point of personalising as it looks like every other street fighter. That's the reason I wouldn't do it anyway. If you do those standard street-fighter mods then step back and think "that's awesome, I did that..." then winner, it's not a problem!

My storm has aftermarket cans and a double bubble screen, like every motorbike ever. Even the re-worked forks, carbs and other little tweaks are all fairly standard changes, so I'm not saying mine stands out as being different. My approach to making it naked (not a "fighter") would be as I described earlier, keeping it as OEM as possible, but that's just my taste. I can appreciate all sorts of things if they're done well technically, the fit and finish etc. I don't know who's the bike in the pic is or if it's even finished but things like the rad bracket and seat gap make it look a bit rushed, and the seat unit itself is too pointy for the bike.

But hey, it's all opinion :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

not a fighter fan tho some look well engineered. what i would love is a storm turned into a giant supermoto :clap: :clap: :clap: ...

storms are a bit like a fat girl, they are fine dressed but please keep the clothing on :sheep shagger:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

fabiostar wrote:not a fighter fan tho some look well engineered. what i would love is a storm turned into a giant supermoto :clap: :clap: :clap: ...

storms are a bit like a fat girl, they are fine dressed but please keep the clothing on :sheep shagger:
Did someone mention fat girls :erection: 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sigh.

Why try to make a sows ear out of an old dog?

Just leave it alone or buy something meant to look like that in the first place.
Or you could add a sidecar, or trike it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Watty

Post by Watty »

tony.mon wrote:Sigh.

Just leave it alone or buy something meant to look like that in the first place.
Tony, since when was "leave it alone" in your vocabulary :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Watty wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Sigh.

Tony, since when was "leave it alone" in your vocabulary :lol:
Not for me, obviously!
Just other peeps.
:lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bfarthing83

Post by bfarthing83 »

Hmm now wondering about how bad the wind resistance would be when naked? Flash backs to my old cg125 where wind was my nemesis.
So if not going naked the other option then being fully faired but the where to get a full bottom fairing without selling my kidneys?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

bfarthing83 wrote:Hmm now wondering about how bad the wind resistance would be when naked? Flash backs to my old cg125 where wind was my nemesis.
So if not going naked the other option then being fully faired but the where to get a full bottom fairing without selling my kidneys?
It dosn't have to be so bad. With low bars and a tank bag it all goes onto the helmet which is the same as most fairings nowadays.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
bfarthing83 wrote:Hmm now wondering about how bad the wind resistance would be when naked? Flash backs to my old cg125 where wind was my nemesis.
It dosn't have to be so bad. With low bars and a tank bag it all goes onto the helmet which is the same as most fairings nowadays.
You need to do your flies up...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

As said shouldn't be too much of a problem if you avoid long M-way hauls & speeds above 50ish...The main issue is how much is it going to cost to get it how a/ it looks any good IYO* b/to get it looking anything like you havent just removed the fairings.

A decent spary job is gonna be ££££'s prob cheaper to buy new Chineses fairing compleate in the colour / Scheme you want.

* IYO = In your opinion. As opposed to IMO which is what ever you do it'll look pants 'fightered' unless you spend 1000's on it & spend hours doing it.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:
You need to do your flies up...
Where's Sir Knob Head when you need him?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)