fukyfukfuk fek...

General Biker Banter
popkat

Re: fukyfukfuk fek...

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote:
As it happens I only found the one on the other side yesterday when cleaning the bike...Not noticed it before...Do I get a refund Malc ?

No, I told you about it before you bought the bike, did you knock your head too :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

sh1t Mac! Bad news mate :( . Ive a pair of after market indis you can have FOC if that helps?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:sh1t Mac! Bad news mate :( . Ive a pair of after market indis you can have FOC if that helps?
Cheers Watty...as it happens I'm OK for indi's ...unsurprisingly... :lol: :lol: Thanks for the offer tho...

I might even be able to rescue this one, the lug that the screw goes though has broken off...Bodged up by Mr Mon to get the lens back on (undamaged ... :thumbup: ) I'll have a look at it properly tomorrow after work...just couldn't be arsed today...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear that mate
:thumbdown:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Sorry to hear that mate
:thumbdown:
Not as sorry as me Kev... :roll:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Sounds like you should of stayed in bed Mac !.
Least you didn't wreck your wrists again.

don't think it was that kind of Meeting Lloydie :lol: Have you got enough parts to repair it mac in that Alladins cave of yours? Miffed for you though, i think we have all dropped a bike at no speed!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
lloydie wrote:Sounds like you should of stayed in bed Mac !.
Least you didn't wreck your wrists again.

don't think it was that kind of Meeting Lloydie :lol: Have you got enough parts to repair it mac in that Alladins cave of yours? Miffed for you though, i think we have all dropped a bike at no speed!
Gonna strip it down tonight Paul, apart from the damaged indi body it's just scuffs & a crack...It'll buff out ...I hope... :lol:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Unlucky mate, Its only a matter of time till I do something like that !! (being i is a short butt)
Watty

Post by Watty »

kev64 wrote:Unlucky mate, Its only a matter of time till I do something like that !! (being i is a short butt)
Same here! :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Bugger :( StoOOopid gravity! It's all fixable though.

Hope this makes you feel a bit less of a nonse...

Was leaving college on my Piaggio scooter, had just kissed my girlfriend goodbye. Carving my way through the thousand or so fellow oiks loitering the college gates, I cranked the mighty faggio over while accelerating out onto the road, dragging my side stand (because it was the cool thing to do) it caught in a drain cover and I managed a full 360 degree spin while hanging over the bars out of control, swiftly followed by a good old faceplant into the tarmac...

Not cool :lol: :lol:

Here for a good time, not a long time.
Jamie :wave:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Gutted for you Macster, so much so that I'm having a large beer in the Greek island of Kefalonia in the 34 degree sunshine. If you need the carbon indies to sort it go ahead matey. Hope nothing other than your pride was hurt mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

ffs macster I thought it was only me that did stuff like that!

BE MORE CAREFUL IN FUTURE!

:thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out to the MacCave tonight on my return from slaughtering Rodents today...

Fairing off indis removed, whipped off the leaver & bar end...

The indi body is cracked but useable I have plastic welded it & glued the broken bit on the inside back on...

Lever...

Looks bent but isn't just the angle of the dangle, minor scuff, filed the rough bits out bit O Wet n Dry to smooth it over & a splodge of paint...

Same again, file, smooth & splodge...

Now the fairing...

Dont look too bad here just a bit out of line...So took it off flexed it to straighten it out, the crack extends about another 1cm on the back must be masked by the pait on the front. So I drilled a small hole at the end of said crack to stop it spreading, on the inside dremmeled a gouge & then platic welded it up on the inside & covered it over with a patch of glass fiber. I'll let that set & tomorrow give it a bit O pait to make it look a little better even though it's on the inside...Jobs a good 'un.

I had a scrap of broken fairing come off & on inspection It's just a bit snapped off of the inner bit that goes over the top of the rad, so nowt major...

When paint & fiber glass have cured I'll box it back up ready for packing on Thurs for departure for Wales on Friday morn...

Seem to have got away fairly lightly, easy upgrade opertunity...Just could have done with out it...Thats life innit.

Thanks again to all you guys who offered bits mucho appricated... :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lucky really i suppose it could have been very expensive :( .
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry to hear of your mishap Mac, gutting.

I was amazed to see this, as I dropped my bike yesterday (Sunday) as well. My problem was I didn't give it enough when pulling away from a side turning on a step incline, so of course I conked her out. As much as I tried I couldn't hold her up, so had to accept defeat and hit the deck like a man. The fact the bike was already leaning over making the turn and the steering on a good left lock didn't help.

A rookie mistake, although I'm hardly a rookie, I've been riding this bike for 14yrs so should have known better :oops: I was having a cracking day out on the bike until then too.

The most annoying part was, I have had R&G crash bungs fitted for the last 4 or 5 years, I'd only taken them of recently as I wanted to try something out without them fitted.

I could do with a gear change pedal, I can't see that one straightening,

Chris.