Keep off the VTR today... Storm brewing..

General Biker Banter
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Keep off the VTR today... Storm brewing..

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

kev64 wrote:Was getting a bit worried about silverstorms new home.
That looks nice and sheltered from 3 sides! You lucky ****** ! The Larch Lap would have been rattling something silly no doubt.

It's nice to keep the bike away from prying eyes, and I'm sooooo jealous of that! My poor bugger has to sit on the street and rely on only a cover to stop people wombles about with it.

Only 25 yards away, is an active pub. I always had folk trying to sit on the chop when they passed. Drunk or sober, if the cover was off, they'd take the liberty!

They didn'tt hang about too long if I went out with the axe or a ball pein hammer tho. Thought about opening the front door and racking the semi auto shotgun followed by "get yer butt odd that seat and do one...", but, I would be writing this from jail if I did that! :wink:

Maybe I shouldn't ride nice stuff. Maybe I should sell the lot and get me a Tomos Moped or another C90. At least I could keep them in the house. :wtf:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

tony.mon wrote:I take the cover off mine if it's windy, but it helps if you tie the cover onto the bike(leaves a gap underneath) or use bungees.
Yup, the cover usually gets wrapped in bungess at all angles. 2 round the screen to tighten that. Then, a large one over the seat and hooked onto the swing arm hangy bits underneath. Bungees at the front hooking through the holes in the discs, and a large cargo net spidered everywhere it'll stretch n hook onto.

Which is why it's a pain if I have to turn the bike into the ever-changing wind. The bike gets pummled by salt from the sea, so I'm reluctant to have the cover off, even in a force 8.

I guess it's a case of "Damned if I do...damned if I don't" huh?

Maybe I should buy 2 single mattresses, and bungee them on either side, and THEN cover it with a tarp?

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe I should buy 2 single mattresses, and bungee them on either side, and THEN cover it with a tarp?
Now there's an idea :lol: How about a couple of ground anchors. Being by the sea you should have no problem finding them. :wink: It would give you something to strap the bike down onto and also chain it up to prevent thieves.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

Hmmm... :think: That got me thinking. Ship anchors and chains. Then getting small tyres to strap to either side of the storm as the boats do.

The brain then shouted "shipping container", but, there's nowhere to put one if I bought one. Not even a small one. That would be ideal, solid, secure and wind n watertight.

Only problem is, that I may wake up one morning to go for a ride, open the container, and find 200 foreign folk inside, hoping they picked the right container during the night to stow away in. The saga continues I guess, until a solution is found.

Maybe I could look on ebay for a Zorb ball, and adapt the opening to fit the bike?