Got my wheels back!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Duffy1964

Re: Got my wheels back!

Post by Duffy1964 »

Look good Jamie, I have just fitted maxis diamonds onto my fighter rims, had them on my Fazer thou and loved them, they drop in quick, took me by surprise at first but well planted once your used to them :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I tried Maxis tyres on my BMX and didn't like them... maybe I should bury the hatchet and give them another go! :lol:

I usually look for the softest tyre I can find, can't go wrong with a nice steep sidewall too ;)

I much prefer performance over longevity, but maybe I wouldn't notice the difference with a touring tyre?? Never tried them!

Sent from my GT-19505 using Telekinesis
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I tried sprts tyres and sport tour tyres on mine, and I couldn't tell the difference in the dry on the road, and the sports tours were better inthe wet, so I stick with sport tour since then.
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hmm maybe I'm ready to ignore the hype & try some touring tyres! I did notice my current tyres heat up incredibly quickly, which is confidence inspiring.

Tyres are one of those things though, everyone has different opinions! :crazy: :)

ging500

Post by ging500 »

I have Pirelli strada on the sv, seem to be lasting well and get warmth in them even in single figure temps!! Me bruv has maxxis touring his storm!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:thumbup:
There's too much choice on the market, wish there was just "soft - medium - hard" !!!

And I get really drawn in by the hype like "this new tyre by so&so will give you an extra 5 degrees lean, make tea for you and do your washing"!

ging500

Post by ging500 »

Jamoi wrote::thumbup:
There's too much choice on the market, wish there was just "soft - medium - hard" !!!

And I get really drawn in by the hype like "this new tyre by so&so will give you an extra 5 degrees lean, make tea for you and do your washing"!

For me personally I look at price, however before I got the pirelli I really wanted Michelin road pilot 2's as they get so much hype but realistically for me they are expensive and bit of a waste chugging 50miles on a straight a road!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I like pilot power 2ct and ride hard in fact just as hard as amcq46 on his pilot roads but mine don't last nearly as long so I will be fitting roads next time .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote::thumbup:

Buy the cheaper option after all you don't really need the extra 5* of lean & you still live at home so you got your mum for the tea & washing bit... :lol:

Dunlop Sportsmarts on mine... :thumbup:

I've had very very good mileage from them this last year....into the garage & out of the garage...repeat several times... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Woke up early this morning and read a bunch of reveiws! I think I'll stick with qualifier 2's (as I only need to replace the rear at this point) until that rear goes.

Then I might try the Michelin pilot road 3's, I'd be interested to see if I can feel much difference.
Apparently the Q2's turn in a lot quicker than PR3's... but I'll be raising the rear and dropping the front of the storm anyway...

After seeing Ali on his tyres, I'm more than happy to try them too! :thumbup:

Anyone know where to get a 2/3/4mm spacer for the rear shock? Or can I just make my own?

ging500

Post by ging500 »

Jamoi wrote:Woke up early this morning and read a bunch of reveiws! I think I'll stick with qualifier 2's (as I only need to replace the rear at this point) until that rear goes.

Then I might try the Michelin pilot road 3's, I'd be interested to see if I can feel much difference.
Apparently the Q2's turn in a lot quicker than PR3's... but I'll be raising the rear and dropping the front of the storm anyway...

After seeing Ali on his tyres, I'm more than happy to try them too! :thumbup:

Anyone know where to get a 2/3/4mm spacer for the rear shock? Or can I just make my own?

Its pretyyy easy to make get a 3mm piece if metal and cut it in a U shape.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ah ok, never seen what they look like, didn't realise it was literally just a flat washer! :lol:

macdee

Post by macdee »

Jamoi wrote:Ah ok, never seen what they look like, didn't realise it was literally just a flat washer! :lol:

here you go jamoi
thanks to benny :thumbup:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... er#p160366
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thanks Macdee :thumbup:

Turns out I've actually got a new box of 500 unistrut washers (as Benny used), result!

If anyone wants some made up, let me know!

Do you think it would be ok to layer them up? I.e x2 2mm on top of each other..

macdee

Post by macdee »

Jamoi wrote:Thanks Macdee :thumbup:

Turns out I've actually got a new box of 500 unistrut washers (as Benny used), result!

If anyone wants some made up, let me know!

Do you think it would be ok to layer them up? I.e x2 2mm on top of each other..

lots of the men on here build them up to the size they required
i think roger said that 6mm was the max for the street
told you not to but oh no you knew better