Op Storm Bonny Scotland 16-18th August 2013

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Virt

Re: op storm bonny scotland

Post by Virt »

Doubtful I'd be able to make it. And I'm worried about how much time I'll be able to survive around all the beautiful bikes :wink: except the yellow, red and blue ones mind :lol: :Ball Kick: I need to save money for the firestorm closer to that end of this year so it's a no :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ok this will have to be August and my wife has rented the holiday house out most weeks, so I am camping too :lol:

Need to workaround any track day session that ziggy is planning but I am thinking
Aug, 16, 17, 18
Or 23, 24, 25
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Both weekends are good with me, so I'm in. :beer: (must get some more practice in)
Having to take holidays from 6th to 21st July, not planning to do anything at the weekends, so if anyone has any other rideouts planned for then let me know, otherwise billy no mates will be out alone. :(
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
adyf

Post by adyf »

First weekend might be best al ,Wales trip early September bit close to later dates ,but can't wait to be back in Scotland so either dates will be ok.cheerz ady f.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Got roped into something else on the last weekend so first date works with me. :beer:
Don't hassle me
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That first weekend. The 16,17&18th aug is looking best for me, so if we can get at least 4 people interested we can do a mini op storm this year and sound it out for next yr.
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah I am interested. Count me in.
mattster

Post by mattster »

AMCQ46 wrote:That first weekend. The 16,17&18th aug is looking best for me, so if we can get at least 4 people interested we can do a mini op storm this year and sound it out for next yr.
I'll be up for meeting up with you guys at some point over that weekend - I can get another couple of storms from ayrshire to pop along as well.

Probably would just be for the day mind, I can't be arsed camping if I know my bed is within range!!
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

would have liked to have met up with you guys but i'm getting married in august and my hols are all pretty much booked and planed now ,i can highly recomend the north west tho its just gotta be somewhere that every biker regardless of type of bike has got to do at least once , anyhoo hope the run goes well and the sun stays out for ya !
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

but i'm getting married in august
Congratulations. :beer: :beer: Don't let her make your sell the Storm. Prenups spring to mind :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'm in for this one.
Don't hassle me
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

bump: whos up for this? 16th-18th.?
Don't hassle me
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yes it looks line we have about 4 so I am still up for it.

Friday ride up to kirkcudbright, set some meeting points so those coming from the south can link up and ride some good roads via Settle, and then the A6 over Shap. camp in the town camp sight and big ride out Saturday then Sunday we decamp and do some nice roads heading south the long way :)
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bump again

we are now settled on 16, 17, 18 Aug

Location Kirkcudbright in SW Scotland http://goo.gl/maps/fPKDJ

Has to be camping as my Wife has rented the house of over those 2 weeks [we change over on Saturday, so she would rather have £900 rent from 2 lettings than let us have the house for 2 nights............I have taught her well :lol: ].

friday will ride up taking in the lake district side of the M6, When we know who is coming from the south, I will try and map a route with meetup points

Saturday we will do 300 to 400 miles in SW scotland
http://goo.gl/maps/4eC6K
http://goo.gl/maps/QTEpu
Sunday we will ride south using some of the Bike 8 routes that take us over all the high passes in north yorkshire and drops us down into Glossop when we will then take Snake Pass into Derbyshire [this is the full section from Bike mag, but I will not be heading into Wales unless we all fancy that as well] http://goo.gl/maps/GWJ9x.

Attending
AMQ
Grumpyfrog
Mistaziggy
Adyf
Rob??
Mattster as a day triper,

Ady, as you started this thread can you change the title to show the date and put this stuff on the first post as well?
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ill be setting off from home which is east of the M6, ill probably go up through Dales, via Hawes, Sedbergh, Kendal so maybe could meet you there?

Just put the 16th day on the calendar in the office so I have it off now anyway.