here she is

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
MacKrell17

Re: here she is

Post by MacKrell17 »

Thanks mate, you have a pm
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

shes up and running, finished off all loose ends today, heat protection fitted [electrics/plastics] finished wiring the rear lights and final fit of the fairings. Put some juice in her and she fired up, very nice sound from the exhaust, louder and more throaty than the twin microns i was running.......will need ear plugs for sure [and thats baffled]

pics will be on soon, gota wait another week for the vinyls but then shes done and going up for sale [want a scarey as sh1t R1 for the rest of the year] if you have one and fancy a deal let me know.
single sided swing arms rule....!
blue916

Post by blue916 »

mmm this would look lovely together with my frontend :mrgreen:

I found a company that builds these SSS kits for SP1 and SP2, would it fit a stock VTR out of the box then aswell?
(I mean are the SP1 and SP2 mountingpoints the same as the VTR?)
lloydie

here she is

Post by lloydie »

That pic is a firestorm

Can't ride but it don't stop me trying
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Blue916, who did the front conversion? Very different, can't say I am stunned by it but admire the workmanship/inspiration.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not my cup of tea, great workmanship but nah,not for me.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I know tastes vary, but I quite like the fairing. I think what appeals to me is the fact you wouldn't necessarily know it was a Firestorm from the front.

Chris.
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Not been on the site for a while so just spotted this. It looks a bit like a Ducati face and I like the twin head light compared to the standard candle. Since i'm now in the market for new fairings can you give me the name of the company that makes them.

Also have just relocated to Manchester area for the next 12 mths and was wondering who hangs out in the area?
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

Fantastic job on the under seat exhaust :clap:
How do you find the petrol cap? Benn looking @ them myself
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacKrell17 wrote:Not been on the site for a while so just spotted this. It looks a bit like a Ducati face and I like the twin head light compared to the standard candle. Since i'm now in the market for new fairings can you give me the name of the company that makes them.

Also have just relocated to Manchester area for the next 12 mths and was wondering who hangs out in the area?
How's your bike coming on mate? Did you fit the braced arm and Ohlins shock?
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Hi KevL
Had a minor moment which means I have to replace the right side fairing and I'm on version 2 of the swingarm.
So the story so far is:
Braced swingarm when it's finished
Ohlins shock is on and works great
Forks revalved, sprung and sorted by Firefox racing
New Titax adjustable levers
EBC contour disc to the rear and fronts on order
Hel braided brake lines
Manual ccts.
Pro sport grips and bar ends.

Been measuring up today and think I'll be ordering a set of Gilles variobars next week and then it's just fairings, screen and tyres. Although after all that I think a new paint job may have to wait until next winter when finance will allow.... I'll have to make do with matt black until then!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad it's coming together for you mate. You bought the Ohlins from Fox as well didn't you?
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

Yeah, it was really good albeit secondhand. They're licensed ohlins suppliers so it was stripped rebuilt and serviced and they gave it a 12 mth warranty.
The difference over standard is amazing but by far the best thing so far has been the forks. I cannot believe I waited so long before getting them done! The confidence it inspires and the level of grip is awesome.

Also should have mentioned she has a set of blue flame cans now as well!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

underseat exhaust looks really good, superjob. i been reading all about the reg/rec problems today, is yours still in the original place? must be quite warm if it is?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I'm going to play devils advocate here. ( :roll: they say)

The work gone into it is great. It does look the part, but, and this is just my own personal opinion so dont crucify me for it. I dont like the gold filler cap. Thats a minor thing but with a bike thats got no other gold apart from the brake calipers it just doesnt look right somehow.

And the exhausts, I dont know if its the whole plastic work I dont like or the exhaust itself or both. I dont know, just seems too, well, rounded. A twin exhaust hanging out the back I think would have looked a lot better in my opinion, rather than the single with 2 outlets. Of course to do that you would need to reshape the rear plastic work too.

But thats just my personal views. Still a fantastic bit of work you have done to it. :thumbup:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!