Notice of Intended Prosecution :( wombles!

General Biker Banter
benny hedges

Re: Notice of Intended Prosecution :( f*ck!

Post by benny hedges »

you could ring the central ticketing place - in blackburn i think - might have the number somewhere...
if there is a reference number on the nip, use that and they will tell you if there is a fine to pay.
if there is, just pay it there & then and send your licence in, then if it does go to court you have already been dealt with.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

they are asking for the details of who was riding the bike, me or my dad
There you go! :thumbup: That's your get out clause, tell them it was yer Dad :lol:

Pete.l :whatever
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

probably £60 and 3 points.........stays on licence for 4 years, affects insurance for 3 years, but have to tell insurers for 5 years.

Bummer
it may be clever, but its not big.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hiya

I've only had a clean license once in 15 years, so I hang my head in shame... :( But at the mo, I have 3 points that don't count anymore, but remain on there until the 4th year is up..Next Year, and 3 points I picked up nearly 2 years ago. It is no excuse, I should pay more attention but I once got caught out on the M74 going to Scotland on a Friday by a camera parked on a bridge over the M'way and as luck would have it, I picked up another 3 same weekend on the way back on the Sunday!! :(

I once got caught on camera doing 97mph on the spine Road A189 nr Cramlington and I got a £60 fixed penalty and 3 points. THE ONLY time I was taken to court was over an SP60 and I got an £80 fine and 3 points. Strangely enough, ALL my points were in my car...My fella said it is a wonder I don't get done on the bike, but this year folks, I'm Capt Sensible! :clap: I got a 39 in a 30 even though it was a sunday morning with nobody about etc, caught by a cop standing by the road and he gave me a £60 fine and 3 points.

I'd pay the fine and be done.At the minute, I have my last 3 points to get rid off, but have been 3-6-9-3-6-9/6/3 etc......
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sat May 29, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Timbo wrote:p.s. John, the ban cancels the points already on license and doesnt add more.
Ha ha! Thought so! Cheers old bean :D

Hope you get things sorted Seb. Sorry to say...but it seems the bitter pill is the one to swallow :silent:

sh1t happens mate-take it on the chin you were in the wrong I'm affraid.

Despite that-how the fook did'nt you see the van???
SP1's rock!
warby221

Post by warby221 »

have a good look here
http://www.pepipoo.com/
lots of info on how it all works
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

warby221 wrote:have a good look here
http://www.pepipoo.com/
lots of info on how it all works
nobody ever reads what i post lol :silent: :biggrin 8O :lol: :think: :?
benny hedges wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:16 am
there is a site (with a stupid name) pepipoo.com or sumat - they can give you advice on whats what.
where has seb gone btw????
there's no point hiding, they will find you! :biggrin
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
warby221

Post by warby221 »

sorry m8 didnt spot it looked at the links didnt c that
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i will forgive you if you send me your hi level link pipes! :beer:
fritz

Post by fritz »

eyup seb!!!!

right... lets get to the point eh???

you and i both know that road, as does everyone else that goes to rivvy on a sunday via chorley!!!

and we all know where the vans park!!!

if you where doing 53mph!!!! you where doing more than just "blipping the throttle"!!!!

last nice bend before you hit built up area, or first one into countryside dependind on your direction!!

if you come round that bend at that speed and damage my van (i work down there remember) i will personaly break any unbroken limbs you have left cos you are acting like a prick!!

pay up and think your self lucky... i see loads of accidents on that road and like i said...53mph you where wombles going for it, not just having a lazy day out without thinking!! if you get banned its your own fault!!
fritz

Post by fritz »

oh... and for what its worth, if my memory is correct.. the LT 2020 radar gun isnt certified for use on motorcycles!!!

but that was a while ago and may have been recertified, but maybe worth a try!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

hi Fritz, I was leaving Chorley heading into rivi

never seen them there before mate, certainly will double check in future....

going to use a barrister when summoned to court, fee's are around 360 quid to 450 ish plus the speeding fine, hoping to get a straight ban with out points.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

I guess that the first thing is to ask yourself if you were actually doing that speed? If you were, then man up and take the consequences of doing it. Yeah, I know that we all push the boundaries, but 53 in a 30 is taking the piss.

If you were doing the speed and are offer 3 pts and £60, then take it gratefully. If you go before the beak then I would warrant that you will get a lot more.

If you are absolutely, positively sure that you were trundling along at 30 or below, then you are bound to want to question it. Otherwise, you are just trying to find a technicality to get off....an approach that will get you skull-wombles in court unless your case is cast-iron.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
seb421

Post by seb421 »

personaly i dont think i was doing 53mph! but what the hell.

just been discussing it with a friend who was caught at 56mph overtaking a car in a 30 zone, and he got 3 points and a 90 quid fine, so fingers crossed when I receive my letter back its similar!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Pay up £60 + 3 points is a bargain at that speed. Your only alternative is go to court and plead not guilty. Your chances are less than good the fine will be higher +automatic costs + £15 victim support. Not worth it. Put it down to experience.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.