2010 Operation storm ride out

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

warby221

Re: 2010 Operation storm ride out

Post by warby221 »

theflyingpig wrote: Every biker wants to ride with other bikers, its more fun. Nx
yep were pack animals bit like wild dogs scavenging in bins :D :D :D :D :D :lol:
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
jedi

Post by jedi »

theflyingpig wrote:Just for bikes then?

Sorry trying to be funny, I'm on this site and I don't even own a bike nor do I have a bike license. Can't even ride a push bike anymore, to afraid.

If you want some support (the 4 wheeled kind), and if I've got any spare time, I'd be up for it.

I can drive anything with more than 2 wheels. Who knows maybe the pope mobile might put in an appearance.

Nx
' :@

Blimey Jedi, shall I pass you a knife so you can cut your nose off. You've missed the point. All who joined this site (apart from me) has had a storm at one point in their lives and also joined this site because they owned a storm at the time. Life changes and so do bikes. Timbo means its your ride out, because you have taken the time to post the suggestion, it means everyone will be guided by you and are looking at you to take the lead. Don't take the hump, mate, that's not what this site is all about. Re-think your post, take a step back and count to 10. Every biker wants to ride with other bikers, its more fun. Nx
Hi mate , I was just saying I didn't know it was for all bikers.I thought it was just for storm riders as I said it says storm UK.Didn't stop to think it was for x riders as well. SORRY GUYSI do seem to cut my nose off because I don't want no trouble I think of others before myself.
donk

Post by donk »

Jedi, Don't worry about it, there are some real nice guys on here that are always there to give sound advice and rarely take the piss. My mate is a member of a GSXR forum and they are always taking the piss out of others mis-fortune, this site isn't like that.... (unless your me) :lol:

I guess what im trying to say is relax, organise your ride out and you will be suprised as to just how many bikers may turn up. My view is, it don't matter what you ride, at the end of the day we are bikers so lets get together and have a good meet!! :biggrin
jedi

Post by jedi »

donk wrote:Jedi, Don't worry about it, there are some real nice guys on here that are always there to give sound advice and rarely take the piss. My mate is a member of a GSXR forum and they are always taking the piss out of others mis-fortune, this site isn't like that.... (unless your me) :lol:

I guess what im trying to say is relax, organise your ride out and you will be suprised as to just how many bikers may turn up. My view is, it don't matter what you ride, at the end of the day we are bikers so lets get together and have a good meet!! :biggrin
Yes my friend you've got it that's what I been saying all along
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Wow that was intense :eek2 . Jedi, I am one of the many X Storm owners but found friends on this site. The Firestorm seems to attract a certain type of person and the bike itself gets under your skin. We all love Storms but some no longer own them. We are not angels and occasionally post sh** replies or posts that cause offence but unusually we apologise and try to make up for our errors. There will be piss taking especially as you get to know more of us. You have already taken part in the biggest Southern Storm meet I have read about from this site. Keep it up my friend.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

My two pennorth:
Dunno if it matters much what you ride, as long as you are up for a ride and a laugh and don't put anyone except yourself at risk.

If I'd have thought about it, I could have listened to my rattly engine and taken another bike instead. Alright, I'm lucky enough to have others to choose from, but I'd still have gone, because I would have wanted to see what other people would have done to their Storms.

Mine started off as a Firestorm, but I've changed loads of bits and so it's no longer as Mr Honda intended.

I wonder at what point it stops being a Firestorm? Suppose I put a different engine in it, would that do it?
Or used a different frame?

Anyway, we all had a right laugh on the run Sunday, and I'm certainly up for a rematch. Hope you can make it Jedi, and those who joined in this time and a few more.

Somewhere with a straight bit of dual carriageway for a decent acceleration test.
There's one up at Santa Pod........ :thumbup:

One observation: we had no trouble with tank range, weren't twisting the throttle hard enough, obviously...

(you meet the nicest people on a Honda, they just say the most sarcastic things is all) :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
jedi

Post by jedi »

tony.mon wrote:My two pennorth:
Dunno if it matters much what you ride, as long as you are up for a ride and a laugh and don't put anyone except yourself at risk.

If I'd have thought about it, I could have listened to my rattly engine and taken another bike instead. Alright, I'm lucky enough to have others to choose from, but I'd still have gone, because I would have wanted to see what other people would have done to their Storms.

Mine started off as a Firestorm, but I've changed loads of bits and so it's no longer as Mr Honda intended.

I wonder at what point it stops being a Firestorm? Suppose I put a different engine in it, would that do it?
Or used a different frame?

Anyway, we all had a right laugh on the run Sunday, and I'm certainly up for a rematch. Hope you can make it Jedi, and those who joined in this time and a few more.

Somewhere with a straight bit of dual carriageway for a decent acceleration test.
There's one up at Santa Pod........ :thumbup:

One observation: we had no trouble with tank range, weren't twisting the throttle hard enough, obviously...

(you meet the nicest people on a Honda, they just say the most sarcastic things is all) :D

Hi tony, sorry about you breakdown you should off called me I would of come and got you at no charge my friend, we did have a good time it was the best ride out I have been on. I did try and ring you today.Take care mate :thumbup:
jedi

Post by jedi »

Beamish wrote:Wow that was intense :eek2 . Jedi, I am one of the many X Storm owners but found friends on this site. The Firestorm seems to attract a certain type of person and the bike itself gets under your skin. We all love Storms but some no longer own them. We are not angels and occasionally post sh** replies or posts that cause offence but unusually we apologise and try to make up for our errors. There will be piss taking especially as you get to know more of us. You have already taken part in the biggest Southern Storm meet I have read about from this site. Keep it up my friend.
Thanks my friend, I didn't mean to upset anyone, didn't know it was X storm riders just trying to find people with same interest as I havn't had my storm very long. I have meet some nice guys on the ride out so I will build from there.
I'M REALLY NOT A BAD GUY just rather walk away then to cause trouble some people call it cutting my nose off depends how you look at it.

Thanks again be safe

Jedi
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Interesting thread this-think it shows how easily things can be misconstrued over the keyboard...

Like the rest have said Jed-no offence taken. I completely understand the motive behind your original post and the way it was posted.

I'm another ex stormer but still hang around here for all the reasons mentioned prior. I've not come across a nicer forum/bunch of people who can have a laugh, help each other, take the piss, post the odd bit of crap but leave all the animosity and back stabbing at the door. Other forums I've used are rife with it and it gets on yer tits after a bit. Plus I don't think this forum has a "clique" or users with a "God complex" like some others...

I think a Firestorm UK (registered users and freinds :biggrin) would be a great idea! We all have our reasons for being here and ride outs are always a great time to faces to daft (in some cases :biggrin) usernames and have a good chin wag. It’s just a shame I don't get out on more :(

Look forward to reading more of your posts :thumbup:

Oh, and I don't like Tim-he smells :biggrin
SP1's rock!
jedi

Post by jedi »

Jbrebel wrote:Interesting thread this-think it shows how easily things can be misconstrued over the keyboard...

Like the rest have said Jed-no offence taken. I completely understand the motive behind your original post and the way it was posted.

I'm another ex stormer but still hang around here for all the reasons mentioned prior. I've not come across a nicer forum/bunch of people who can have a laugh, help each other, take the piss, post the odd bit of crap but leave all the animosity and back stabbing at the door. Other forums I've used are rife with it and it gets on yer tits after a bit. Plus I don't think this forum has a "clique" or users with a "God complex" like some others...

I think a Firestorm UK (registered users and freinds :biggrin) would be a great idea! We all have our reasons for being here and ride outs are always a great time to faces to daft (in some cases :biggrin) usernames and have a good chin wag. It’s just a shame I don't get out on more :(

Look forward to reading more of your posts :thumbup:

Oh, and I don't like Tim-he smells :biggrin
Hi mate, thanks for your views it has made me feel more at ease I feel the same why about other forums dont know why people have to do it. :thumbup: Look forward to talking to you again.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

feck that lot took some reading!

group hug...... (in a non gay way)......(no offence to gays)

nuff said :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Now, back to planning the ride out! where are you thinking of having it? I dont care where and will go wherever as 400 miles in a day is a little jolly when you have ridden anywhere with Silver Zipper
I'll come! As long as there are no Kawasakis allowed, I've heard some of them can be right trouble makers :wave:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Am glad we are all friends again. Can I get in on the group hug?

Its the sadest thing about Martin's condition. I really miss seeing him get all geared up, swing his leg over his mistress and start the engine. I worried constantly when he was out, but always heard about a mile away on his way home.

Martins firestorm was a beauty, Repsol colours one of its kind in Scotland, but I knew from the moment he got back on it, his confidence in the beast had gone. Not surprising as it nearly tore his arm off, when he crashed. So although I was sad to see it go, I was pleased that he decided he wasn't giving up on bikes and he had 2 after it. The sadest day was this year in May when he finally knew his biking days were over and he sold his Millie.

Jedi - you sound like a top man, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Love to all
nx
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Timbo said
LOL - wouldnt know, i ride a CB1300 now I found people expected me to cause trouble when i had the ZRX so it had to go
Doh! Well, I'd be crap on a ride out! I can't even keep up with what bike you have :clap:

and just for Norma
:Group Hug:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
jedi

Post by jedi »

theflyingpig wrote:Am glad we are all friends again. Can I get in on the group hug?

Its the sadest thing about Martin's condition. I really miss seeing him get all geared up, swing his leg over his mistress and start the engine. I worried constantly when he was out, but always heard about a mile away on his way home.

Martins firestorm was a beauty, Repsol colours one of its kind in Scotland, but I knew from the moment he got back on it, his confidence in the beast had gone. Not surprising as it nearly tore his arm off, when he crashed. So although I was sad to see it go, I was pleased that he decided he wasn't giving up on bikes and he had 2 after it. The sadest day was this year in May when he finally knew his biking days were over and he sold his Millie.

Jedi - you sound like a top man, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Thankyou my friend be nice to meet you one day. Jedi
Love to all
nx