what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

nice bike CK.
I've never ridden one, but something tells me i'd like it, even tho it's an il4.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

But it's slow red one ! I told him get a black one as its fastest , don't touch white or custard far to slow , so what does he do ? Yep gets a crappy slow red one
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Fitted the grab rail this afternoon.
My daughter came round for tea and I showed her,
She sh*t herself when I said come on lets go for a spin :lol:
Don't think shes quite brave enough yet !
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

lloydie wrote:But it's slow red one ! I told him get a black one as its fastest , don't touch white or custard far to slow , so what does he do ? Yep gets a crappy slow red one
You can't say anything. Yours used to be red!! :shock:

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

And blue !!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Which one you bringing down Chris, the Ape I hope.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I am hoping to take the ape. Depends how my knee holds up as im suffering with it a lot at the moment. To be honest overall I'm just as comfy on the mille as the bird. Just ache in different places. The bird was purely for keeping the mrs happy so we can go away more often together.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I suppose you must adjust to it to a degree, but it sounds like a nightmare to me :crazy:
For sure one gets used to it. It sure does make one aware of different dangers and observation skills are all over the place close quarters. It's a proper battleground at times, especially during the rush hours where everyone is out for themselves trying to get home. I would class myself as more of a town rider and this is where most of my experience is. You would never be able to catch me when filtering through heavy traffic. :lol: :lol: I do get out on open roads but it requires getting past the M25 really. The roads down in Kent/E Sussex are pretty good. I experience the danger you guys experience then. Tractors, leaves, narrow lanes, tree surgeons, deer :eek2 evening fog/mist over the moors/fields etc etc
It's the little and large show again :lol: Jeez Chris joking aside that is a big bike for someone of your stature. How do you find it when it comes to wheeling backwards while sitting on the bike or pushing it about etc etc. Good bikes them Birds, very good bikes.

OK what have I done to my bike today. Rebuilt my ultrasonic cleaned carbs. Had to swap my jets and few other bits over from the carbs on the bike. Kept the jetting pretty much the same accept for the slides which now have two lift holes. Decided to go back and have a play since I am now running the Dr Honda's. I had to re-adjust my mixture on the pilot circuit, carbs balanced etc etc. All is good so far. Been for a little run and midrange does seem a little perkier. Low end was bad to start, with lean burbles....a little choke helped. So I richened up the mixture some more and that cleared up. I am going to see how things go but I may end up going to the 50's :roll: we'll see, maybe not, but my fuel screws are out quite a fair bit out. I don't know exactly how many turns because I don't count the turns on my screwdriver while listening. It's hard enough keeping the screwdriver head on the screw and holding a torch so I can see. :lol: :lol: I shall see how things go over the next few days and what my fuel consumption is like. I also gave the BMC filter a good wash, dry and oil.

Oh and I took photo's and measurements of the FP needle for Vara's experiments while I had them out. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

To be honest Carl it's surprisingly easy. Have to admit that at the moment in its lowered unable to lean round corners it's alot easier but as I'll be raising the back end this weekend that could all change. Just have to wait and see I suppose

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Gave Nue Red a bloody good clean !

Oil & filter change.

Swapped over me bling oil lines for another set that I had stripped the paint off & gave two coats of Hammerite smooth satin black.

Gave me bobbins a twirl.

Polished it.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went for a ride across town. Bikes running nice :biggrin :biggrin But I am worried my fuel screws are too far out so may end up going up to 50 pilots. I changed a rear brake line for braided and bleed AP's rear brake. Brake that is....did you hear me. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got it ready for mallory:-)
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Today (Tuesday 30th June 2015)

Removed the dented tank (after it was kicked over in November). Cleaned everything whilst tank and filter box off.

Fitted new (genuine Honda) air filter, new NGK DPR 9EIX-9 iridium spark plugs. and then struggled like a b1tch to get the new tank on. Would have been easier with 2 people, but, I got there in the end. All hoses and toobs in the correct places (I marked each one with tippex before removing, then dotted the new tank so I knew what went where.)

Colour magic to the plastics, and she's looking not too bad!

Next job is to re-spray the front forks the same (or as near as) the grey colour.

And if Mr Lloyd PMs me with the Boltbase list of Stainless fasteners I need, I can get them ordered and fitted before the snow arrives. (Yes, I know I had a reply to my stainless list request, but I want to order stuff individually, ala Lloyd)

Oh yes, and finally took loadsa photos.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

The list is in the workshop sticky section :-)
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Prepping the CBR for an MOT and polishing the VTR rims..so fkn hot!35 degrees in the mancave.in Scotland, well, just in Scotland...
:redface