what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Took the bike for a quick spin around the block with no fairing, front indi's, headlight or mirrors :lol: Got back and noticed the number plate hanging off. Looks like that may have taken a knock in the crash. It's only the head of the plastic bolt that has snapped though, so no biggie. I need to adjust the gear selector position and one of the bolts holding the kill switch on worked loose, so I need to double check all the bolts, makes sure they are all tightened fully.

I've given up on spraying the fairing. It's just not happening with this weather we have, so that can wait until spring and I shall give the whole lot a proper going over. For now it can go back together as is. My fingers where hurting a bit more after the little ride. It may be a bit soon for them. The new standard Honda grips don't help either as they are fatter (bigger girth) than my old grips, so will take some getting used too again.

It did feel good to be able to ride it though. Having my freedom back. I'm hoping to ride down to Sussex this weekend for Crimbo. I am a little concerned about my fingers and don't know how they will cope with the longer journey, but I keep saying to myself, if the superbike/gp lads can race with broken bones, then I can surely ride with nearly broken bones. Pain killers before the journey will help. Right leg was a little stiff, but has enough flex in it. It's no worse than what my left leg has been like for years. I will fight it....

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:Took the bike for a quick spin around the block with no fairing, front indi's, headlight or mirrors :lol: Got back and noticed the number plate hanging off. Looks like that may have taken a knock in the crash. It's only the head of the plastic bolt that has snapped though, so no biggie. I need to adjust the gear selector position and one of the bolts holding the kill switch on worked loose, so I need to double check all the bolts, makes sure they are all tightened fully.

I've given up on spraying the fairing. It's just not happening with this weather we have, so that can wait until spring and I shall give the whole lot a proper going over. For now it can go back together as is. My fingers where hurting a bit more after the little ride. It may be a bit soon for them. The new standard Honda grips don't help either as they are fatter (bigger girth) than my old grips, so will take some getting used too again.

It did feel good to be able to ride it though. Having my freedom back. I'm hoping to ride down to Sussex this weekend for Crimbo. I am a little concerned about my fingers and don't know how they will cope with the longer journey, but I keep saying to myself, if the superbike/gp lads can race with broken bones, then I can surely ride with nearly broken bones. Pain killers before the journey will help. Right leg was a little stiff, but has enough flex in it. It's no worse than what my left leg has been like for years. I will fight it....

Glad you and the Storm are on the mend mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

ordered my new wavy discs. Fit over chrimbo.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Glad you and the Storm are on the mend mate :thumbup:
Cheers mate I'm getting there.

Tonight I put the front fairing back together in the living room ready to go on the bike tomorrow. I got the soldering iron out to do a bit of plastic welding on the headlight surround. It will do for now.

==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

De-glazed honed the bores on piggys engine .
I did practice on the scrap engine Seb gave me first .

Thanks tony for the lone of your tool :thumbup:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Fitted the crash bungs on the TRX, needed a long breaker bar to get the engine mount bolts out but all good. Now to rebuild the rear master cylinder and source a new clevis for the end of the push rod as the current one is rusty as fook.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Fitted flat renthals and rear sets to my bandit 600. Hopefully these won't deck out like the standard ones.

Putting new seals in the front calipers and fitting a cbr600rr shock tomorrow. Actually starting to like this bandit a bit now.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Steve6088 wrote:Fitted flat renthals and rear sets to my bandit 600. Hopefully these won't deck out like the standard ones.

Putting new seals in the front calipers and fitting a cbr600rr shock tomorrow. Actually starting to like this blandit a bit now.
Fixed :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Fitted the newly powder coated swingarm and the anodised calipers to the bike. Just need to bleed the brake systems now.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Anodised calipers??? Lets have a photo!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Won the Isle of Man senior TT :)
Jamie :wave:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Jamoi wrote:Won the Isle of Man senior TT :)
Ha ha very good
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I do like that Jamie :thumbup: keeping the dream alive
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Gotta have a dream mate :)
Jamie :wave: