Spilt Custard...

General Bike chat
KermitLeFrog

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Wicky wrote:Image

:thumbup: A good read. I've a copy and have lent it out a few times to folk in hospital. Tell em to have it noticable on their table when the surgeons do their rounds... keeps them on their toes.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm about half way through it. Fascinating!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

:thumbup:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Damn mac and I thought you were just being old and crotechedy about getting the yellow storm up. That looks pretty firkin bad. Someone aught to pop that sucker back in. Bet you would not need a plate as they could screw right through the skin. How did they miss that on your first visit?!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

RedStormJ wrote:Damn mac and I thought you were just being old and crotechedy about getting the yellow storm up. That looks pretty firkin bad. Someone aught to pop that sucker back in. Bet you would not need a plate as they could screw right through the skin. How did they miss that on your first visit?!
Quite possibly as it was 01.30 hrs & the Doc was just finishing his shift...prob been on since 7 that morn...Hahaha
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Well I hope that they do something with that bone. At least half straight would be nice. A slumped shoulder does not make for a fun ride. Get well soon. Aka in a few months my friend.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So the last time I posted up a fresh X-ray was 23/12/16 althought I had another done 4 weeks ago I didn't get a pic...

Went to Fracture Clinic again today...

So they are a bit zoomed in the Dr took them...think he should stick to doctoring & give up photography...

Apparently the whiteish shadowy blob above the break is new bone growing...

Apparently I have nothing to worry about & will be seen again in 4 weeks...

Explained that arm is not fully moving despite daily physio exercises & sore afterwards so best not go back to work yet...

Signed off for two weeks...:thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Your getting lazy in your advancing years mac ! Get back to work !! No wait you get full pay ! wombles um and chill
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:Your getting lazy in your advancing years mac ! Get back to work !! No wait you get full pay ! wombles um and chill
I e-mail the guv this arvo...

Got a bit of a stinky one back...Ocupational health referal on my return, absence reveiw...blah blah blah...

Never mind I'm looking around anyway, sick & tired of the commute...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well you have the time to look for something closer
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Holy cow that's a big break to miss!
Go gental with it, nearly fell down the stairs when I had a broken collar bone.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

vardypeeps wrote:Holy cow that's a big break to miss!
What do you mean miss..?

& what happened to...''Just thought it would be more useful to the forum and I'm not prepared to spam the forum with messages just to bump my figure up.''... :lol: :lol:
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

MacV2 wrote:
What do you mean miss..?

& what happened to...''Just thought it would be more useful to the forum and I'm not prepared to spam the forum with messages just to bump my figure up.''... :lol: :lol:
My mistake, I thought it was suggested that the break was missed :oops:

MacV2, my missus got on to me and is pushing me to make a sale so I began spamming answers.
This a big no? especially on something like this?
Sorry guys, really... :oops:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

vardypeeps wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
What do you mean miss..?

My mistake, I thought it was suggested that the break was missed :oops:

MacV2, my missus got on to me and is pushing me to make a sale so I began spamming answers.
This a big no? especially on something like this?
Sorry guys, really... :oops:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 182...Rule 11...not my idea but thems the rules...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It never got missed they just decided not to spend money on an expensive operation to pay for the surgeons next set of Titanium golf clubs and leave it to heal itself with new bone growth in the broken position. The NHS is good and is a UK lifesaver but it's still in very bad state of affairs. They would do this for various reasons. Cost, Mac's age and history, he's a smoker, not married with kids to consider etc, and most of all he's not a fine upstanding member of the community with Lord or something in his name :lol:

The NHS discriminate and make decisions like this on a daily basis all the time, and it's a postcode lottery too. They obviously don't say these things to a patient outright but they are very good at easing patients into a false sense of belief and allowing one over time to come to terms and accept the condition they have been left with. Even if you paid to view all the documents on you under the data protection act, there are still notes and things made within closed walls within the circles of Doctors and the trust that you will never get to see. Decisions made behind closed doors. Then there are the notes made in another language like code with slang words, abbreviations and bad handwriting that one cannot make heads or tails of so things are buried like the small print in legal jargon. When one uses the term "your life is in their hands" it literally is.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:It never got missed they just decided not to spend money on an expensive operation to pay for the surgeons next set of Titanium golf clubs and leave it to heal itself with new bone growth in the broken position. The NHS is good and is a UK lifesaver but it's still in very bad state of affairs. They would do this for various reasons. Cost, Mac's age and history, he's a smoker, not married with kids to consider etc, and most of all he's not a fine upstanding member of the community with Lord or something in his name :lol:

The NHS discriminate and make decisions like this on a daily basis all the time, and it's a postcode lottery too. They obviously don't say these things to a patient outright but they are very good at easing patients into a false sense of belief and allowing one over time to come to terms and accept the condition they have been left with. Even if you paid to view all the documents on you under the data protection act, there are still notes and things made within closed walls within the circles of Doctors and the trust that you will never get to see. Decisions made behind closed doors. Then there are the notes made in another language like code with slang words, abbreviations and bad handwriting that one cannot make heads or tails of so things are buried like the small print in legal jargon. When one uses the term "your life is in their hands" it literally is.
Can I get a tin foil hat on the NHS...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: