what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Sounds good but don't invite Virt or we'll be stuck behind him !!
Watty

Post by Watty »

AMCQ46 wrote:On my way back from Wales today I decided to go in search of the fabled 4leafed clover that hides in the middle of Reddich. Not the easiest to find, or the most scenic trip, but the magic knee girding occurred and I only stopped when I got dizzy...... :twisted: :D

It's not so easy to work out how to get home from there once you have done a few laps, as you tend to lose your bearing :lol:
Been round there many times in the last ten year, sadly not on a bike! Mrs Watty moved back up north from Redditch so we visit friends and family there and Kiddy!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your

Post by bigtwinthing »

Ckennedy wrote:Just spent more time with the bike this evening. Giving her a half good clean, would be a full deep clean if I had a garage and abba stand :(

Anyway a good shampoo and decrease of the wheels and a coat of GT85 over the wheels, frame, plastics and she is looking younger already :thumbup:

The missus seems happy with the position of the foot pegs, supprised her by collecting her from work and she said they felt very comfty :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Look excellent Chris
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:I've just finished, like a plonker I decided to work on the bike all day rather than ride in this glorious weather.....doh!!!!
I was on a mission today, I had to take the whole exhaust system off again, to make the rear header fit correctly.... :roll:
there's 9 bloody springs on this system and one is in a very awkward place... :x
whilst I was there, I also removed the rear wheel, degreased it, then washed it, then used touched in a few marks to the paint, then t-cut and polished it.
once that was finished, I fitted an Armstrong wavy disc and ti bolts.... :thumbup:
I also cleaned the chain and rear sprocket and holder. fitted it all back together.
fired it up, and apart from the rear header blowing slightly, it's all good, I will have a go at tightening the rear nuts a little more, always scary as hell doing that.... :eek2
overall i'm please with myself, for a change I didn't break anything, or draw blood, or scratch any paint work, so a successful day.. :thumbup:
Great Work marty, I've been in London for 3 days, but did see a black Storm ( Carl?) and a yellow one today going past Monument station.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Virt wrote:Got a bobbin spinning freely with the nut and bolt but can't spin with my fingers, good enough or more required?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I did mine a few months ago, thanks to mac's advice it was pretty easy, even for a buffoon like me..... :biggrin
as mac said, lots of crap stuck behind them, whilst your there, give the disc a good clean,,,, :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

today I rubbed down and repainted a front wheel, it turned out ok, considering it was fairly scabby to begin with, a right ball ache masking the tyre and then removing the masking tape... :x and I've still got the rear to do.... :(
then I went old school circa late 90's and fitted a iridium screen, not sure if i'll keep it, imho it looks ok on a blue bike.
my babies, the pineapple express, and i'm yet to name the blue bike, i'm sure you guys will have some suggestions..... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Got 10 of the bobbins free so far, absolutely knackered now though and it's freezing in my garage (no idea why..). I'll finish the remaining 6 tomorrow and take it out for a test ride and update y'all :thumbup:

Was good advice mac but I found it on youtube first, mwuahaha :wink:

Cheers everyone! :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looking good Marty :thumbup: nice pair of bikes.

This morning before heading out to Lloyds and then off for a ride with our very own YMV I decided I would give mine a good polish, problem is I'm not sure I can see a difference with this colour paint :s what do you guys think?

Unpolished:

Polished:

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you can tell the difference chris, the tank shows it best.... :thumbup:
that's a very clean bike, poor George must be crying into his cornflakes, at least it went to a good home, I wish I could have seen virt at work..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

chris, it looks better in the 1st picture………take all the polish off :lol:

you can tell its a new toy :thumbup:
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Haha. I knew polishing it was a bad idea :lol:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Next time it and you are around I'll let you use my Finns and hydra after a good polish with mer .

Ap when are we going to get to see the flag ship of the sp world ?
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sounds like a plan Lloyd :thumbup: I will get myself some of that hydra at some point

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Spanked it's butt round Essex and made a video: http://youtu.be/u3h-qr5TEqU

I was lead rider, as no one else was up fer it!

Magnum was stuck behind a GSXR most of the day, these old bikes have still got it y'know ;)
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Editing is getting much better, looked like a good ride out :thumbup:
AMcQ