General Biker Banter
Mr_Rusty

Post by Mr_Rusty »

I know the feeling there, been getting soggy for a whole week.

Saturday dawns dry with some blue sky, hell bells I'm off for a ride, most enjoyably, only spoilt by finding out the SP series is no longer made, so a new will be out of the question when I get the money :( .

Sunday, what a scorcher, off to London for the Ace cafe reunion ruin to Brighton, hot and sunny all day, brilliant :D .

Chris
Its a black '98 one
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Well ,'twas my wifes birthday ,so we went up to Inveraray in the car for a slap up meal (fish n chips) :lol:

Even the 2 kids came with us (13 @ 16).......with a bit of gentle coaxing :evil:

Saw loads of bikes and was wishing it was me, although i was only there last weekend :!:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Tim, I got out on Saturday too as the weather here was excellent :!:

Stevie, I know exactly what you mean, but it's important to keep your better half happy too :wink: Good man :!:

Chris.
fishface

Post by fishface »

i was out all day sunday scaring the folk in the dales
those micron high level pipes n cans off rst steve are loud 8O
adfski

Post by adfski »

had a proper blast at last. Suspension good, new DB screen sweet! and perfect conditions.

Only slightly marred by some foreigners (UK) who just don't think they need to get out of your way. Well they do! (it's my island!!)

Also had my first false neutral at very high speed banging it past one of aforementioned fellas into black hut. Most disconcerting but managed to keep it on the road and not make a complete butt of myself... :lol:

He was already too far away to catch my moment of glory - as I checked behind me to make sure I didn't cut him off as I turned in and engaged gear. :roll:

Great fun
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

adfski wrote: (it's my island!!)
Nah mate, your still a "come over" .... always will be
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

We got out on Sundayt..first stop Rivington to get Puncture seal in his nibs new tyres..then off to Southport to watch the Tour of Britain come through..then had a walk along the pier....the loo's down the far end are free...it's worth the walk :lol:
Caz xxx
tattie

Post by tattie »

Got out myself on Friday evening,
Invergordon for petrol, B817 Alness, B9176 Struy to A836 Ardgay, Bonar Bridge, Lairg, more petrol, A839 to Rosehall, (single track A road) you would love it, A837 past the Oykle Bridge hotel to Ledmore Junction, A835 to Ullapool :lol: :lol: :lol: those of you who have been on this road will know why I was laughing (tyres nearly to the edge) 8O. The evening sun was fantastic, shining on Canisp, Suilven, Cul Mor, Cul Beag, Stac Pollaidh and the sun setting looking out from Ardmair bay was like something you see in the movies, only it was'nt digitally enhanced.
Sat in Ullapool for 5 mins then headed off, just outside the 40 limit the big matrix sign had the very nice words flashing at me "High Risk Of Deer On Road" Just what you need on your mind with 35 miles of open moorland ahead so it is fair to say the tyres were squared off by the time I got back home. 120 odd miles and about 10,0000 less midgies.
It made having to work on Sat and Sun more bearable.

Cheers

A.M.

ps Adfski was the false neutral between 5th and 6th?
Common sense ain't all that common!
tattie

Post by tattie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink: :wink:
A.M.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

That sounds great ,been up in car years ago ,but never the bike ....i can imagine it,...were aw jist a bit envious :(
Stevie
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

tattie wrote:Got out myself on Friday evening,
Invergordon for petrol, ..........................................120 odd miles and about 10,0000 less midgies.
It made having to work on Sat and Sun more bearable.

Cheers

A.M.
OK So I'm jealous too, only travelled some of those roads and a long time back 'in' 4 wheels.
So jealous that I've plotted the route so far on Mapsource and am viewing it in Google Earth (function of MapSource) so where did you go from there? did you continue the circular route through Lochbroom, Lochdrum etc?

:x
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I dont have sat-nav,but rather than google earth i use

http://maps.live.com/

same idea ,you can zoom in etc, just click on locations , Aerial ,great fun :!:
Stevie
tattie

Post by tattie »

Red Storm,

Left Ullapool A835, Braemore junction, Past loch Glascarnoch (lowest I have seen it in many years) Garve, Contin, Maryburgh, A862 Dingwall, Ardullie roundabout, A9 Alness, B817 Invergordon, Saltburn, Then home. :)

Cheers

A.M.
RedStormV

Post by RedStormV »

OMG think I've got OCD 8O

Thankfully you've completed the circle for me :lol:

And what a nice chunk of 'Boney Skertlan' to ride a bike around :D

That one's stored for future SatNav use :wink:
tattie

Post by tattie »

For the OCD's amongst us how many miles was it then? :roll:

Cheers
A.M.