It's finished!! Slightly less custardy too!

General Bike chat
bikermike1411

It's finished!! Slightly less custardy too!

Post by bikermike1411 »

At the second attempt.....

I finally finished the 'Storm yesterday. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out, given the state it was in when I bought it. Still got some work to do with the polishing mop, but it'll get me through the summer!

They say bad things happen in threes though....

Yesterday morning was cooking, so I finished polishing the plastic, stuck my leathers on and went for it. By the end of the A34 I'd decided that the previous owner must have caned it as the gearbox felt too agricultural. Just outside of Macclesfield I lost all gears. Fook. Cruised to the side of the road to see the gear linkage hanging loose... like a complete pilchard i'd not tightened it when i put it back together. Theres a lesson in there somewhere.....

Then the heavens opened, so I turned round short of the Cat n Fiddle pass and went home. Where I subsequently failed to put the sidestand down and gracefully laid it on it's side outside the garage :cry: no damage done as such, just a tiny mark on the already marked can and a small crack on the inside fairing panel. Pillock. :roll:

This morning I spent an hour searching for my camera, which I resolved to myself as being left in the petrol station yesterday, polished the bike and risked the weather, gears were fine and had an awesome thrap up the Cat where whilst basking in the glory of the day I dropped my chips, breaking the bowl and writing them off. Still, one old dude pointed out that the dropped chips were better that a dropped bike! :D

So... despite the minor issues all seems to be ok! I'm not convinced it's charging right though (the lights don't seem to go brighter when the bike is revved), but i'll investigate that later in the week. I just hope the BBC have got the weather forecast for the next week wrong!
Perseverance takes too long....
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Looking good Mike,

Thought I recognised that car park and the road behind it, even thoguh I've only been there once myself.

So was the camera at the petrol station?

A nice RED respray should see it looking tops :lol:

Won't mention speed cos everyone knows ...... Doh!

Rossi, really messes with your mind!!!!! Muaahahahaha

andyh

Post by andyh »

Looks good Mike, all you need is the rhubarb to go with it now :wink:
AndyE

Post by AndyE »

Mike

It looks great - very clean and shiny!

It also looks quite like my recent acquisition!

Cheers
Andy
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Feck me 8O

How old's this forum?

Must be going through puberty - breaking out in festerng zits! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking good Mike :D 8)

As that guy said, dropping your chips is better than the bike :wink:

keep the black stuff down and enjoy :!:

Chris.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Looks great. Right colour too :lol:

Can't say my bike's lights get brighter when revved either. If the battery is well charged to start with (and I bet you had it on charge before fitting it!) and the alternator and regulator are doing their job then that's how it should be!!!
Remember being a yellow bike it's superior to other colours to start with.

Proof? They come out of the factory with a colour matched yellow spring; not red, black, teal etc. No, yellow.

Let's face it, they're all good eh? :D
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

LotusSevenMan wrote:Looks great. Right colour too :lol:

Can't say my bike's lights get brighter when revved either. If the battery is well charged to start with (and I bet you had it on charge before fitting it!) and the alternator and regulator are doing their job then that's how it should be!!!
Remember being a yellow bike it's superior to other colours to start with.

Proof? They come out of the factory with a colour matched yellow spring; not red, black, teal etc. No, yellow.

Let's face it, they're all good eh? :D
But isn't that one of the first things you need to ditch :?: ,cos its shite :lol: :lol: