No more 250cc Two Stroke Moto GP bikes after this year?

Any racing related stuff
LotusSevenMan

No more 250cc Two Stroke Moto GP bikes after this year?

Post by LotusSevenMan »

"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O :cry: 8O

!!!!!!!! Feckin' Bruddy Borrox !!!!!!!!

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

So that'll be 1/2 of the really exciting and closley matched racing gone then!!! Feckin meddling assholes
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

No more blue smoke & smell of Castrol R ! Sad days

I reckon 600cc is far too high a capacity if they are gonna change though. Considering the top class is only 800cc. it kinda blurs the boundries between the classes.

With the smaller stroke & bore of the 600 engine they'll just get it to rev even higher than the gp bikes & wont be far off obtaining 180 - 200 bhp at full chat.

Better off making em 400cc I reckon. Even a current world supersport 600 bike is only 1.5 sec a lap off a 250 gp machine round assen which is a pretty long circuit. Don't forget the supersports bikes have roadbike chassis & engine blocks (ok I know most other things are upgraded but the low cost & road manners are all built into a road bike which is a big disadvatage in the race world)
A clean drawing board for a 600 racebike would result in far more than a 1.5 second advantage.

I wonder if Rossi will drop down to that class, so he can add another class championship to his record.

125, 250, 500, motogp. He'll surely want a 600 gp trophy too.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Good point,

IMO 400's would be a far better option - a 'happy medium' as far as CC goes. There's already the Supersport classes and R6 cup so another would just be overkill.

Besides from a 'Green' and perhaps even a 'Safety' point of view, this might encourage development & sales of Pocket Rockets in this country again, rather than the grey imports and 'original' UK sales bikes we see now which are getting a bit long in the tooth (most of 'em anyway).

I know it would probably be playing into the Governments hands (Tory / Labour whatever!) a bit, but it's the way things are going anyway. For a kid to pass their test on a 125 (Yes I know the 2 year restriction) or restricted 500 and jump straight onto an R6 or bigger is not an ideal situation now IMO.

Besides, apart from them being a bit small for my 6' 1" frame generally, they're a hell of a lot of fun.

As for Vale46 - bring it on! I for one would love to see him do that before he eventually retires - It would be awesome viewing on either 600 or 400.

I'm still gonna get me an RS250 someday (soon I hope), bugger the anti 2-stroke to55ers! I love the revvy little buggers (2-stroke machines in general) and the smell of synth 2-stroke oil is feckin' lovely!

Still will miss the 250s - hopefully the far more interesting to watch road race scene will keep them going.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Absolutley pants :evil: :evil: :evil:

They cant leave feck all alone. Makes my blood boil.

Glad we saw them at Donnington the other week.
andyh

Post by andyh »

It will be a sad day, come the time :cry: , It's sure to happen though, progress ain't it :?: Can't see the Spanish racing fans being happy about it either, they will go fecking beserk :!: 125cc & 250cc is their favourite class's.
Big_Ham

Post by Big_Ham »

I was under the impression the swap was taking place around 2011?!

http://www.bikerworkshop.com/news/sport ... today.html

:wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8O 8O 8O