Question about Oil Filters, Champion code number, please

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Taz69

Question about Oil Filters, Champion code number, please

Post by Taz69 »

Hi all

Earlier this year I picked up a Champion Oil Filter from Halfords for my Storm, Champion Code F306 or so the book said it was, as I am about to change the oil etc, I thought I would check that I had the right one as I have a few different oil filters in the garage from my cars etc.

Anyway it appears that I have the wrong filter, from what I can see on the web it seems to be a F301 or F308, can anyone confirm which filter, Champions website is very withdrawn in giving out information, lol, one minute I thought I had found it but that was only a model listing of the vehicales they actually make filters for not the code numbers I need, lol

Thanks
Mark
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

from my searching i have found several results saying F301 for the champ filters..

i have not bought one for my storm yet so im only going on what the tinternet has shown me
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

and the F308 as well,
Taz69

Post by Taz69 »

Cheers Chap, exactly what I found, think I need to take a trip to halfords

Mark
Taz69

Post by Taz69 »

Now I am confused, back from Halfords with a F308 the only other one they stock, the filter is about 8mm shorter than the one thats on there, Flolux or something like it.

I think I am going to pick up a Honda one tomorrow unless anyone knows different ?

Thanks
Mark
Taz69

Post by Taz69 »

According to this site http://www.getgeared.co.uk/acatalog/Cha ... lters.html

Both F301 and F308 are listed as fitting the VTR 1000 F SC36 97-

Confused.com lol

Mark