Wavey Brake discs 2

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
rob1n

Wavey Brake discs 2

Post by rob1n »

Don't know why my first post is blank but, all it said wast hat I have bought a PAIR of wavey discs off of E-Bay for £109 which seems very cheap as I've seen normal discs going for this amount for just one!

Hope this helps someone who can't afford expensive original discs.

The seller on e-bay is VillaMotor.

P.S. Anyone got some cheapish high level pipes they want to get rid of?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm not saying your purchase is one of these, but beware as there are disc's getting about on Ebay and the like from China and are not very good quality :!:

Chris.
rob1n

Wavey discs

Post by rob1n »

Thanks for that Chris, will post an update letting people know how they are.
rob1n

Wavey Brake discs 2

Post by rob1n »

Got them this morning, 6 days from HK! pretty good, well they look sturdy enough, very light but then there is so much cut away, don't know how much lighter than stock items.

Will be fitting them soon and test them, let you know how they are, to the untrained eye, they don't look cheap, have to see what a few hard applications in town do to them!

Robin.
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

sirch345 wrote:I'm not saying your purchase is one of these, but beware as there are disc's getting about on Ebay and the like from China and are not very good quality :!:

Chris.
Got some of them chinese ones of eblag and they are spot on. Was advised by someone on here to get sintered pads (Got some SBS ones of eblag too)

Plenty of dive on the front end when you pull the lever :wink:

rob1n

Wavey brakes 2

Post by rob1n »

Had them on a while now, they are as good as any, look great and don't rust at the first sign of moisture - unlike my previous EBCs, we shall see how they are in the wet, should get some rain soon!!!!

Braking seems a lot stronger but, my EBCs were warped so they might have been as good as these when they were new, still - these are very good.

Robin.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good too hear Robin and Ernie that your purchases have turned out to be good :D

I was reading about some of them not being good on the Superhawk forum (USA's Firestorm site) but although I did try to see if I could find it again and post the link I was unable to locate it again.

Chris.
Ernie Cooley

Post by Ernie Cooley »

sirch345 wrote:Good too hear Robin and Ernie that your purchases have turned out to be good :D

I was reading about some of them not being good on the Superhawk forum (USA's Firestorm site) but although I did try to see if I could find it again and post the link I was unable to locate it again.

Chris.
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=13764

Courtesy of Kitch

I bought mine from this ebay shop

http://stores.ebay.com/tobyhuang2006_BR ... idZ2QQtZkm

£89.50 plus shipping, Duty was about £10 if I recall.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=13764

Good try Ernie, but that was not the one, although I did come across that one :!: :D

Chris
gilson

braided lines

Post by gilson »

HEL Braided lines would help too....