how do you all pass your days

General Biker Banter
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

lmao_37 wrote:i make led road signs that flash slow and 30 mph and sh1t like that, boring really :(
Do you make the ones with the smiley face if your under the limit and a sad face if you speed? I love that sign :D
Rich.

lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

we have just started making that type of sign but ours arnt the ones up there in the land of the haggis

but we do have plenty of stuff up there
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
stevevtr1

Post by stevevtr1 »

I'm a maintenance engineeer for a large personal care company(aerosol deodourants & allthat sh*t).Job soon to be extinct though as an autonomous maintenance package bought from Japan costing over the last 12 years ,what must amount to millions ,where they train everyone a crash coarse in engineering & get shut engineering staff .Then look around in astonishment when production grinds to ahalt because theres no one around who has a clue whats wrong .Now thats what i call progress :evil:
OK rant over,i er love my job :!: (Just incase theres any personal care company executives who ride Firestorms 8O )
Cheers
Steve
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Beer wi' bits in !!! none o' yer chemical sh1te fer me!

No I'm not a member of CAMRA but do care about tradition over profit.

I've worked? for a very large telecommunications company since Nov '87.

I ain't got an 'ology but "it's good to talk" [they should practice what they feckin' preach!]

Approx 17 years of that in Private Circuit Maintenance [PC] (fixed data lines) Remote testing & Customer Project Management.

For last 4 years I've been working for "a Group Business" thanks to the to55ers in the 'The City'. Means I can't officially talk to people I've known for years or them me, to get the job done!

I'm an 'allocator' basically control every fibre installation engineer (Jointer) and Precision Testing Officer (PTO) between the Humber and Lincoln, across to the Yorks / Lancs border. Keep them in work, and chase planners up for more!

We put fibre in for anyone as long as they pay! No 'loyalty' to the 'Parent Company' here!

I'd leave but the b4stards pay me too much - looks like I'm there for another 17 years :cry:

:wink:

Donners

Post by Donners »

I've had various jobs ranging from bike courier for the BBC to transport manager for a print firm to Met Police Officer.

I've spent the last six years working for Legal & General in investment products, unit trusts and ISAs that sort of thing. I hope Stratman's company's selling some of our products to keep me in a job!

Hopefully I don't come under the "to55ers in the 'The City'" banner, thanks RedStormV!!! :)
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Donners wrote:
Hopefully I don't come under the "to55ers in the 'The City'" banner, thanks RedStormV!!! :)
Nah mate I don't think so, not unless you work on t' stock market, have very poor taste in clothes and drinks and are currently worried in case you're into negative equity ... again! :lol:
adfski

Post by adfski »

I coat little bits of glass in a vacuum chamber. For all sorts of stuff from space and military to tattoo removal and laser surgery.

Dull really - but if any of you need a really trick bit of glass I'm the geezer.

:roll:
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I work as a chair comfort tester for Incapacity Benefit :oops:
Donners

Post by Donners »

RedStormV wrote:
Donners wrote:
Nah mate I don't think so, not unless you work on t' stock market, have very poor taste in clothes and drinks and are currently worried in case you're into negative equity ... again! :lol:
What's wrong with playboy bunny cufflinks and banana daquaries? :D