World Superbikes on ESPN Classic

General Biker Banter
Donners

World Superbikes on ESPN Classic

Post by Donners »

Anyone been watching the World Supers on ESPN?

If you didn't know, they're showing the 10 best superbike races at 9.30pm every weeknight. Get the series link set up on your Sky+. If your lucky enough to be at home at the moment there's a repeat on at 11.20 this morning.

It's mostly Foggy era races. I'd forgotten how good riders like Simon Crafar and Anthony Gobert were.

Maybe I should start a debate. Who was the best rider never to have won the world championship, Frankie Chilli or Aaron Slight?
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Frankie of course! Remember the race at Mugello where the track dried, he was 11 secs down on Laconi with only a few laps to go, but he won? That was entertainment
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

tosh23

Post by tosh23 »

Wow...bikes with no electric enhancements, slipper clutches and all the gizmo's nowadays.....talent pure talent..that's what we want to see in our motor sport....super bike slip streaming on the straights...them were the days :D
Donners

Post by Donners »

Stratman wrote:Frankie of course! Remember the race at Mugello where the track dried, he was 11 secs down on Laconi with only a few laps to go, but he won? That was entertainment
I remember it well, fantastic race. He was a hell of a rider, there were some great Ducati battles between him and Foggy. Last corner at Assen = punch up in pits!!