Wealth Warning, KTM RC8!!

General Bike chat
goffy

Wealth Warning, KTM RC8!!

Post by goffy »

DON'T go for a test ride on the RC8 unless you have, or can beg, borrow or steal £10.75K, you WILL want one.

Just back from my ride along 50ish miles of sinuous and bumpy ex trunk road in sunny Devon and the bike is as good to ride as the magazine write ups say. Makes the Falco feel like a slow, unwieldy old lump and in an entirely different league to my Firestorm. Very comfy too.

Only snag is that I could sell all four of the households cars, the Falco and Firestorm but I would still be nearly £3K short :cry:

Anyone wanna buy a wife :D .

You have been warned!!!
adfski

Post by adfski »

I already tried selling my mrs on here for a set of cans. You haven't any chance here mate! :wink:
"military intelligence, two words combined that can't make sense"
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Amazed you got a r=test ride mate. I went to a local dealer (albeit German) on my 1 year old immaculate GSXR1000 to ask for a test ride and got royally told to poke it and that "we do not give rides for test pilots"

Obviousl the bloke realised i had no intention of buying a greatly inferior machine and that all i wanted was to have a go and see what all the fuss was about. Even so, i have always said that i would eventually go back to a twin, and that would be a natural choice. How was Mr KTM not to know that i wasn't serious, especially as the whole conversation was done in broken German/English!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I had a similar experience at KTM and that was not a test ride on a 10.5K bike :cry: .
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
adfski

Post by adfski »

all seems very strange.

Maybe off road types don't demand test rides and the dealers aren't used to that sort of thing. I think someone should probably tell KTM this though.

It seems the pre sales are so strong they couldn't even supply you one if you wanted it so they just aren't prepared to risk the one precious example they have for sale.

I got to use the 950 sm for a night when mine was in for a service. It was actually quite dull. Got back on my clunky old storm with its far too loud pipes and grinned all the way home. :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the warning Goffy :lol: I take it the RC8 is the 1190cc V twin :?:

adfski wrote: It seems the pre sales are so strong they couldn't even supply you one if you wanted it so they just aren't prepared to risk the one precious example they have for sale.
That seems like a very good explanation and possibility to me Andy :!:

Chris.
adfski

Post by adfski »

oh but it is gorgeous 8O

that top shot is the best image ive seen yet.

Its like angelina jolie - you think "oh it ain't all that" but then you can't take your eyes off it.

Looking forward to seeing a few of these around this year. 8)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sooooooo much better in white.....
Suggestion;
RC8 in the pearl off white colour scheme from the Ducati 1098 and its little brother....
Getting moist already.
Deffo buying lottery ticket this w/e!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

am i the only person who thinks it looks ugly?
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I think that is sex on two wheels!
Absolutely gorgeous IMHO. Nice and angular. Love the exhaust outlet. Like an F-117 stealth fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squiff/Timbo.
Are you both due an eyetest? :lol:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I am with LSM and FSM its a beauty....... Black would be my choice of colour
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Last edited by LotusSevenMan on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Ah I see Timbo. These days that means 20% vision in left eye and 20% right eye too so it makes sense ha ha

I agree. Each to their own. I just love the look of that thing but couldn't do it justice riding wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I like the look of it mostly, well apart from the fairing sides the mid sections to be precise :!: They look like a piece of shuttering ply just cut to shape and fixed on, just like a Friday (hurry up afternoon) job, get it finished we want to leave work :wink: IMHO of course :!:

However I do like the exhaust set-up and the rest of the stealth like tank, seat plastic's and top fairing shape :D

Chris.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Looks like something out of a playstation game
Rich.