Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

vtrkarl

Post by vtrkarl »

oh my god it really was an awwwwwwwww
yes dear...its yellow
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Awwwwwww

Sounds sillymate but as a last resort turn the vaccuum cleaner on and leave it next to his cot. Honestly it works!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

FirestormMike wrote:Yep, the vacuum works too, and the car seat in front of the washing machine :lol:

The vacuum? LOL! That is kinda funny!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Squiffythewombat

Timbo wrote:No its not Toby, you have all thios to come mate :) When they are screaming, you will try anything.

My lot are all growing up fast, i miss the baby times. Though with 4 girls i bet i get to play babies again one day :D

right so ive got it all to come and youve got 4 daughters...... :D
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Squiffythewombat wrote:
Timbo wrote:No its not Toby, you have all thios to come mate :) When they are screaming, you will try anything.

My lot are all growing up fast, i miss the baby times. Though with 4 girls i bet i get to play babies again one day :D

right so ive got it all to come and youve got 4 daughters...... :D
Now thats funny (well for me with two sons it is) :lol: :lol:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
kevg

Post by kevg »

i'm taking notes, lol,

11ish weeks to go if Nik holds on that long, i think the baby wants out now, and its about 5 weeks ahead size wise so it's gona be a big un.
cheerz

kev
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Four daughters? Geez, Hormone city

All this talk of cars ticking over and vacuum cleaners would have me connecting up the two man-made items if I had FOUR daughters!!!!! 8O
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

It pays to plan ahead for those of you who still can...

During the pregnancy whenever Mum's having a quiet time, play the same music close to the tum (preferably something you think you'll never grow tired of). That piece should work to pop baby off to sleep after they're born.

Then again, with my cat, if he won't go to sleep, I just throw him off the bed. A little violence works a treat too :D
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Damn...have just tried this with our little Sophie (who's decided she wants to stay awake all night) but with no joy. I wonder if some metallica might do the trick? :)
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Squiffythewombat

lol Tim spoilsport!

VTRgirl...is that really true? can u play music next to the womb and then realize the same effect post-birth? (or am i being really guilable?)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Absolutely, Squiffy. Exactly the same rationale for trying to simulate womb-type noises post-birth, or the ol' ticking clock for a distressed puppy.

Whatever the species, a baby feels completely safe in a womb. Whatever sound they associate with that will help when they're "out". If an expectant mother gets into the habit of playing a certain piece of music, or similar style, whenever she has a restful time, it should very much have a similar effect on a baby & calm them after they're born.

That bit's proven (although I guess there'll always be times when absolutely nothing will work...), but here's a theory of mine to add to it... :wink:

I believe that all this cutting out spicy foods, etc when a woman is expecting or breast-feeding is pishposh. I think it only goes on to encourage fussy eating. Obviously morning-sickness is going to be a big element, but I can only see a positive effect on babies when the mother has the most variety in her diet. Yes, I realise things like diarrhoea & other gastro upsets need to be taken into consideration, but everything in moderation. I believe a pregnant woman should get heaps of rest & as many different healthy foods as possible, including a little alcohol if that's your norm. Altering everything only sets the precedent for the rest of life, even if only mentally for the parents. Don't let a baby rule your life!

Now that's just my beliefs on things, so don't go surviving on alcohol & chilli & blame me if your kid turns out to be a Mexican Froot Loop.

Common sense & all things in moderation.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
NuttyTart

Post by NuttyTart »

Grrrrrrrrrrrr no I can't get any sleep :sad2 only another 9 and a bit weeks to go :?

Anyway, the best advice I was given with my first wee one was to wrap them up in a cocoon, it resembles the feeling of security inside the womb (all snug and warm), its when they wave their arms about and hit the side of the moses basket/cot that wakes them up.....some example pics

Image Image

From the first night I did this, she slept like a bug in a rug all night :)
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The cocoon worked for one of my boys but the other nearly had a cardio when he couldnt move his arms. I found it best to knock him out with a wooden mallet..............................................

only joking :lol: I used a desert spoon. :wink:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

i dunno if audioslave will make a bubby go to sleep. no matter how conditioned it is :D