KTM LC4 Supermoto
10%
Other (suggestions please)
40%

Total votes: 10

delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Yep,

way too much money, it should be in street fighters soon once I've got me last few bits and then it'll be up for sale (cos I wanna try nora next year on me KTM and need a couple of sets of wheels, tyres etc). The whole bike is virtually new, I got it rolling last year, run it in and tweeked it here and there, the engine was built from new scratch parts and has done about 2k, only used it twice this year, mayday and an mot. it kicks out 110 rwhp at 7,000 rpm and will try and flip itself in third gear. Had setup engineering do the suspension but never got round to having it all dialed in. Roger (@ Revolution) helped alot with the setup over the phone of the carbs and stuff.

I also have a VTR i use everyday, I work 80miles from home and use it all year round, realiable as hell. Also building a couple more engines, one should be done in a week or so, it's just a standard VTR engine but I'm getting the crank (and the sh1t that bolts onto both ends) pistons etc dynamically balanced. Gonna stick it in the VTR i use every day and see what difference it makes.

I'll have to email it to Neilo and get him to upload it, it's with a standard storm and an SP1 with a full akrapovic and power commander thingie.

Del.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Del me lad. Have you got any pictures of that beastie - espec. the front end?

Cheers Fella
Wayne
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

This is the dyno graph for Del's bike:

Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ooh! Suits you sir! Ooh!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

I'm seeing Neilo next weekend so I'll get him to steel some photos off me HD when he's sortin it out. I just gave a dodgy geezer a VTR crank, flywheel etc, pistons rods etc to be balanced today, I'll get em back in a few weeks (plus a few days to put it together) and then should have another engine, It'll be standard but balanced, just wanna see what difference it makes. Also after that I've got another one that will getin balanced etc and I might stick a set of moriwaki's pistons in it (cos I have a spare set) to see what difference that makes. Never got around to balancing the engine on the dyno graph, might do it if it don't sell first or I might swap the engine and sell it with one of the others. Also I will be selling the engine that's in me (every-day) storm at the moment once the balanced one is in it. Anyone what a standard engine, it'll have a full service by yours truly and I also have everything to run it too, from airbox to exhaust headers, that'll be loom, cdi reg/rect, coils carbs, well all of it.

Del. (cheers Neil for stickin the dyno graph on)
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Jeez - Sounds to me like you know your sh*t! Im always interested in enhancements for my bike so be sure to post here if your selling anything ! :lol:

Is that "Bluewater" as in Dartford way? If so, any chance of meeting up with you and Neil? If not, dont worry, some other time.

Cheers
Wayne
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

yep mate Bluewater (Dartford), as for Neil he lives up-t-nof, past manchester. When I get back I'll give ya a shout or somit. Will do when i have some bits for sale.

Del. (off home in a minute, jeez it's cold outside, never mind be home in an hour and a bit)
The VTRerrorist

Re: Which next bike?

Post by The VTRerrorist »

Why not wait for the next generation Firestorm?
For what I know, it's gonna be a naked bike.
:D
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Where did you hear that?
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Yes :eek2 reveal all