Mounting Speedo on Handle Bars

General Bike chat
WayneM

Mounting Speedo on Handle Bars

Post by WayneM »

Hi All,

Im going to "StreetFighter" my bike! I'd like to mount the speedo unit on to the handle bars.

Anyone got any words of wisdom re brackets and mounting points.

Mines a 2002 bike with the digital section on the speedo.

Cheers
Wayne
delmeekc

streetfighter mag next week, well it'll be Decembers issue!!

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

you don't wanna do that, ya wanna by an SPA setup with an 80mm Stepper Tacho, Digital Speedo/Tacho/Trip/0-60 timer/Standing 1/4 mile, three shift lights and a seperate 40mm Digital water/oil temp gauge and use a 12v LED for all ya stuff like oil pressure etc. I can get em well cheap, well alot less than they are in Demon Tweeks etc. The biggest problem will be vibration, I have killed two GPS's in the past, best way is to use a racing foam mount, and slide the instruments in and just use a dab of superglue to stop em rotating.

If you going to Street fighter it I have a black street fighter headlamp fairing in the loft which could be adapted, it uses a gilera runner headlamp (I have that too). I trust you is going to mount it to ya yokes or forks and not the frame.

BTW, streetfighters called me about 1/2 hour ago and thye have booked a studio (and the tarts) for next thursday for the photo shoot of the storm. Just gotta get the bloody carbon stuff back in time.

Del.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

GO on then you silver tongued devil - you talked me into it! Ill take one of them SPA jobbies - they sound splendid! The racing foam mount sounds like a good call to - can you sort me out with one of them (I wouldnt even knwo where to start looking for one!)

Yep, Im looking to mount them on the forks (somewhere!) - Ive already got some twin headlights to mount on the forks also.

Do you get to attend the photo shoot and oogle the loverly young ladies? Hope so - you lucky bastid!!

Anyway, let me know how much the bill is for the above and Ill send you a cheque.

Cheers Mate
Wayne
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

no probs but I'll see ya when i come back and we can discuss what ya want cos there is loads of options, some stuff I can just point ya in the right direction.

Del.