Spark Plug Spanner

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Phaeton

Spark Plug Spanner

Post by Phaeton »

Storm has developed a misfire, which 'I think' is the spark plug in the rear pot. Unfortunately i can't get the plug out due to not having a correct spanner, got standard plug spanners/sockets but they won't go all the way down. Anybody got an aftermarket one they can reccomend.

Cheers

Alan...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I've got a feeling Halfords do them. Make sure you get the right size. If my memory is correct it's a 14mm spark plug tool you require :!: But don't hold me to it :wink: Best take a spare plug with you if you can :!:

Chris.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

Thanks for that, think you're right that it's 14mm, I have 2 already but they won't go all the way down to the plug, the walls are too thick. Good idea I'll buy plugs tomorrow & take them with me.

Alan..
Bonart

Post by Bonart »

Is there not one in the Honda tool kit? I'm sure last time I changed mine there was one in there.
derryUK

Post by derryUK »

Phaeton wrote:Thanks for that, think you're right that it's 14mm, I have 2 already but they won't go all the way down to the plug, the walls are too thick. Good idea I'll buy plugs tomorrow & take them with me.

Alan..
I had the same problem with the front plug, my standard plug sockets wouldn't fit. I still haven't found a socket that will :(

Derry.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton »

Bonart wrote:Is there not one in the Honda tool kit? I'm sure last time I changed mine there was one in there.
That would be the one that somebody took out of the bike sometime ago before they sold it on :lol:
BazF

Post by BazF »

I just changed my plugs today and it was 18mm plug socket that i used?? Had to grind the bugger down so it fit down hole
Lovin the V-twin!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BazF wrote:I just changed my plugs today and it was 18mm plug socket that i used?? Had to grind the bugger down so it fit down hole
You are right it is 18mm if you use a socket from a socket set :!:

But for some reason or other Plug Spanner sizes are measured differently :!: Probably just to confuse things :wink:

Chris.
BazF

Post by BazF »

Ah i see, cheers.
Lovin the V-twin!!