Double Bubble screens

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
NZred

Double Bubble screens

Post by NZred »

Which Double bubble screen would be your pick for quality and durability ?? :?
I have looked at many brands on the net,.. but I can not actually see or touch them to get a real idea of there quality.. I'm too far away.

So,.. what is good .. Puig,.. Zero Gravity, .. :?:
Any ideas/input welcome :lol:
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

I like MRA. Top quality.
Fluffy

MRA....

Post by Fluffy »

MRA...the best quality screen's money can buy. When I lived in Germany I was always bringing them over for guys on the VTR List. They fit perfectly and come with edge trim and a variety of tints

http://www.mra.de will get you to their homepage, they have an english section and it will give you the details of the NZ importer m8

cheers

Tony

In fact, here ya go m8, NZ importers http://www.desmodromics.co.nz
I see no Firestorm......
NZred

Post by NZred »

Thanks Fluffy,
I did try him,.. NZ$294.00 .. :roll: a bit over the top with his prices. I don't know if the MRA quality is worth 33% more $.
Prices ex AMC Aussie are about NZ$247.00 for ZG. :(

I can get ZG delivered ex USA for $193.31.. and Puig about the same.
Then lesser brands,, even cheaper.
Tizz a bugger being at the top half of the world. :roll: :lol: :wink:
whaaaa Hoooo, O'l fart on the loose ... :o

http://www.superhawkforum.com/
ozathammerit

Post by ozathammerit »

Hi guys.

I dont mean to spam! But damn! At prices like that, i thought I would just let you know of the screens our company makes. We dont do a double bubble unfortunately. We only manufacture a hi-rise screen and standard height in a range of different colours. Im the export manager for the company. A hi-rise screen can be done at an all inclusive price of US$130.oo delivered (firestorm).

Check out our site, we have actually just updated our firestorm page.

If you need any other info shoot me an e-mail @ oz@hammerit.net
Neophyte

hi-rise screen

Post by Neophyte »

i am in the fortunate position where my work is fairly close to Hammerit's premises in Pretoria. I actually ordered a yellow fibre optic hi-rise screen for my yellow 'storm and I'm going to pick it up this afternoon. Yippeeee!

I'll report back tomorrow on the quality, fitting and it's "performance" on the road. I also want to try and check out some of their other goodies for the 'Storm. If the weather permits tomorrow mornings I'll also take a photo and post it.
Mart

MRA SCREENS

Post by Mart »

TRY THESE PEOPLE...I've just bought one from them...top quality without a doubt.

http://www.bikehps.com/index.html

This is their price shipped to New Zealand....

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)REFERENCE DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
COL32226 MRA HONDA VTR1000F FIRESTORM V> 97> DOUBLE BUBBLE SCREEN 1
- Please select
a colour for your screen: Smoked/Grey
£51.06 £51.06
Subtotal £51.06
Shipping (International Scheduled (3-12 working days)) £48.20
Total £99.26
Neophyte

My new hi-rise screen...

Post by Neophyte »

As promised the report back: The fiiting is quite easy and straight forward although the guys at Hammerit actually did it for me. On the road it also performs quite nice. At 180km/h I can still sit upright without the feeling of being blown off the bike. Unfortunately :( I still have the restrictor so I can only go a touch faster. Here's a pic:

vtr1000kiwi

Zero Gravity

Post by vtr1000kiwi »

Gidday Red,I'm in Napier and I brought a ZG for my Storm through AMC in Aussie,better to get it straight from the States pricewise.The quality and fit is very good,it is a bit thinner than stock screen but because of its double bubble it is very rigid.They dont come with the black vinyl band and you can just see the back of the dials,but not too bad.I've found that with the new screen there is less windblast going straight up the front of my helmet.They look the biz as well.
Tony.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Hiya, I'm in D'Auckland too, but haven't tried any aftermarket screens, so can't give you advice on what's good/not good. Have you checked with Motomail, to see what they can get?
Also there's this company in Hamilton:
Visual Plastics Ltd, PO Box 5107, 27 Rifle Range Road, Hamilton, Contact Rod or Gary, Free Phone & Fax 0800-245-325.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Mines got Powerbronze DB screen (black tinted), came with the bike, (i think about £60), nice finish, and V. easy to fit.

perfect for me to hide behind (i'm 6' 1"),

not sure if they pack off half way round the world though.....
speedfreek

good screen

Post by speedfreek »

I bought the Cheetah SST for my blackbird and it's awesome!
Looks great, fits great, nice and thick. At the time, I paid
$15.0 + shipping for a new one.. They were having a sale.

Their prices are generally low. They have 2 VTR screens for
less than $50.0 U.S. (about 37.0 GBP.)

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycl ... del=hd-088

8) TJ 8)
Life has a 100% mortality rate, and there ain't no cure.. LIVE IT UP! ... and yes, I'm 100% red blooded American infidel!