Hello peeps, been a long time....

General Biker Banter

My sv needs a some repair so, do I build to supersport with replica body work from GSXR or similar or do I badboy streetfighter it?

Supersport replica build
39%
Streetfighter build
44%
no no no keep it standard (be boring)
17%

Total votes: 18

MDJ

Hello peeps, been a long time....

Post by MDJ »

Hi! Just thought I'd look in on my old storm ridin buddies and see whos still about. Im delighted to still see many names I remember. Since my mishap in 2004 which put me off my storm I got right into racing mountain bikes, broke my left elbow and I've just been given the all clear by the docs so with any luck will be up for a lil rideout in next couple of months (I have aquired an sv 650 which should ease me back gently)

Wicked to poke arount the site again and I really hope I can catch up with those who know me....

Peace! Ride harder! :twisted:
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
alan

Post by alan »

MDJ i would build the replica, seen one before and they look pretty cool infact if you go to Performance Bike website im sure theres one on there.

I sympathise with the elbow picked up some bike injuries myself i used to do alot of Downhill mountain biking last place i went was to a big event at Malvern (lake jumping,rave in the massive beer tent ahhhhh they was the days also did some BMX racing as a kid.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

ferkin hell mate where you been hiding??? 8O

you all sorted now?mended?glad you got a bike to sort out anyway..poss meet at box soon ay?cheers marc. :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good too hear from you again MDJ :!: :D

Chris.
kevg

Post by kevg »

Ello mate, what you been up to.
cheerz

kev
alan

Post by alan »

If you had watched Men and Motors yesterday All the gear no idea an sv650 got a streetfighter makeover gsxr 750 front end custom yokes as the stem's different done by Metmechex (spelling) gp single seat unit with twin outlet underseat pipe and green paint with gold flake in it it looked really good.
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

thanks for your replies peeps.
And thanks for voting, I think I'm kinda gonna go with all the voting options!

Timbo, you really said it. I cant think of any bike I've enjoyed riding/owning more than "that storm" So I'm gonna build it mostly stock with some fruity "street" bits but soon as my arm is well enough to manhandle the bike I will sell up for a storm. Gutted there is no update yet as I would buy new one if there had been. anyone know of any plans for new Storm???

Hi Tony! is funny you say about hiding... When I crashed my mountainbike (last month breakin the elbow) I'd foolishly been chasing an M3 down a fairly remote steep, windy singletrack road. Obviously my feebly skinny tires were no match for the fat Contis... so when I stacked and sheepishly moved my bike from the road, about 2-3 mins later some car went past and the passenger leant out and said "they're watching you" No shitting, there was nothing for a few miles apart from fields. Nearest village was about 2miles... So I then hid in the bushes and rolled a herbal cigarette, for the shock I had to postpone so I could bloody ride to seek assistance!

Back at work now so getting on ok, Physio said I can ride gently at the mo but early days yet. I'll prolly be more active in a month or so, I'll keep in touch...

Alan how long is it since you went to Malverns? Its a really major event in the MTB calender, you should get back up there and check it out. You'd get the chance to watch our world champion riders Steve Peat and Tracey Molesly Hurrah for 3 years now Brits have dominated!!!! and it doesnt ever get a bloody metion on the box!, shameful. Flick to F1 and the moment any brit gets even a sniff it gets enough airtime to fly to feckin timbucktu and back!! GRR. Sorry, went of on one there.....
alan

Post by alan »

MDJ i went about 12 years back i had a Proflex 954 1800 quid back then full sus the one with girvin forks plus other tasty bits, if you remeber the bike and Rob Warner was there he now does motocross i think. do they still do the lake jumping?

It was a fantastic week down there had such a good time.
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

Alan I too had the opportunity to break a proflex!! broke some critical bushings in the fork linkages, luckily the bike was on test and i didnt have to foot the bill, lush bike to ride. I remember being mega impressed.
We still lake jump and now foam pits are increasingly used to perfect those double backflips. Jumping (slopestyle as its known) and freeride(masive drops and the like) are also increasingly popular. Rob Warner came from MotoX originaly , he still does that but also still races in the World cup downhill and some 4X events

At the mo I find myself peeering out the window at work wondering when the summer will pop in. Arm is being gradually forced into submission and I cant wait to beback on the road!