Help out a newbie

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
8ball

Help out a newbie

Post by 8ball »

Morning all, My Name is Martin I have just bought a 98 Storm and there is a few things I would like to ask, I have put a hello post up but this is proberly a good way to get to know you all.

First thing is my Speedo Bulb is not working I have been searching on this site and trying google and stuff and can't find a manual to download. (well not a free one anyway) could some one point me in the right direction. In regards to the bulb do I need to take the clocks off and apart to replace it or is there some trick to this. as my bike is an import I was thinking of chaging the clocks for some UK ones so If someone has some for sale please let me know.

Also I have been looking to get a single seat cowl and again no luck am I must be missing a trick somewhere. :oops:

And last thing is my seat seems to sit quite high at the back if I look at it from the side I can see the Clips that lock the seat in place I take it this should not be this way? I have been trying to get a good side view off the web but everyone seems to have the seat cowl im looking for or its not a good angle. :twisted:

I have been trying to search on the site first but not with much luck.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)
8ball
Life fun when doing a ton
Ggyddn

Post by Ggyddn »

Hi 8ball

Welcome to the fourm, ... I'm not to sure about the bulb proplem, but the seat cowl is easy, you can get them of e-bay may take time to find your color or you can get one and spray it.

as afr as im aware, The seat is like that for when you put the cowl on (it clips onto the seat). once its on you should not see anyware near as big as a gap.

Hope that helps

Dave
VTR_Andy

Post by VTR_Andy »

Manual download here:

http://xfer.gofastvideo.com/gallery/get ... R1000F.zip

Then click "Click here to play video", it will then download the zip file and the manual is in PDF format.
100mb ish.
VTR_Andy

Post by VTR_Andy »

8ball

Post by 8ball »

Thanks for the hwlp Guys
8ball

Post by 8ball »

So does that mean your close to the bristol area then?
Phaeton

Re: Help out a newbie

Post by Phaeton »

8ball wrote:First thing is my Speedo Bulb is not working I have been searching on this site and trying google and stuff and can't find a manual to download. (well not a free one anyway) could some one point me in the right direction. In regards to the bulb do I need to take the clocks off and apart to replace it or is there some trick to this. as my bike is an import I was thinking of chaging the clocks for some UK ones so If someone has some for sale please let me know.
When I got my Storm all the bulbs in the pod had been removed, so i just undid the 3 bolts & then could turn it over enough to pull the rubber holders out.

Alan...
8ball

Post by 8ball »

Cheers Alan, I have just got the bulb and will crack on and do it tonight, The other bulbs give out a red glow, is that the same with all the Firestorms or am I just lucky