help

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
twintin

help

Post by twintin »

help!!!!!
I'm fed up with the damn thing cutting out an trying to kill me on the way home from work, anybody found a cure yet. I tried to clean the plugs last night but my spanner don't fit !! do i need a special tool??? any help appreciated before i go mad an go to work in the van (aaaaaaaaaaargh)
its not rust it's character
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Twintin.
Have you had that 16000 mile service you talked about last month done yet?
If you have, return and have a good moan :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If not you could be looking at anything as easy as old plugs.or poor carb ballance, or something a little more time consuming like checking and changing valve clearances/shims. All of which should have been done at the 16000 mile service interval. Mines been running a little rough latley (bin blaming it on cheep petrol from safeway) decided to check the balance cause i was bored last Tuesday night and couldn't believe how far out they were 8O . Checked the gages for accuracy (no problem)then twiddled the screw and Hay Presto running like a dream :lol: .

Cheers Pete.l
P.S A cheep long reach spanner from the local bike shop starts from as little as a fiver. Have a good rummage in the bikes tool kit . They normally come with one.
twintin

ta

Post by twintin »

Hi pete
no still not had the service done been v busy but it,s defo goin in soon, as is often the case with 2nd hand machines the previous owner thought that the tool-kit would be better off at his place!!! I,ll have to pop into halfords to check out the length of their plug spanners cos it appears mines too short (perhaps it is the length that matters after all)
its not rust it's character