Coolant leak

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dandare2

Coolant leak

Post by Dandare2 »

Hello,

Has anyone ever had problems with an intermittent coolant leak from the vicinity of the sidestand area.

I can't find where it's coming from and only happens sometimes when the bike is parked.

It’s not a huge problem, but I’d like to get it sorted while the bike is still under guarantee. The trouble is a dealer won’t fix it unless they can spot the leak.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Dan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My Storm had a coolant leak from the drain pipe (which is attached to the waterpump housing) I dont know if this is your problem, but when I saw a leak it would be more accurately discribed as a few drips which I only noticed when I put the bike on the side stand, it dissappeared as quick as it appeared. I asked others about it, some said they had experienced the same and nothing to worry about. The drain pipe exits on lefthand side of bike (when sitting on it) with all the other drain pipes, tucked in behind the small Honda belly pan near the rear. I think earlier Storms did'nt have a drain pipe, just a hole in the waterpump housing, hope this is some use,
cheers Chris.