Clutch Probs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
pstormer

Clutch Probs

Post by pstormer »

I`ve just replaced the front sprocket for a smaller one but on doing so managed to pull out the clutch push rod and now the cluch lever seems to have a lot of play in it and it bites really early. My question is could something have fallen out on the clutch basket side or am i just being paranoid. Also last weekend i was stopped at a set of traffic lights when they changed to green and i pulled away the clutch made a loud squeal and the bike snatched forward. (only the once)
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Paul :?
Paul
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

That could be air in the system, did you use something (some cable ties and a socket or somit similar) to home the clutch salve cylinder in whilst it was off. If not then the piston would have extended out (on it's spring) ans sucked all the fluid into the master cylinder followed by a sh1t load of air. Try bleeding it.

Del.
pstormer

Post by pstormer »

ooops
no i didn`t hold the slave cylinder in :oops: delmeekc. Thanks mate i will try bleeding it later. :oops:
Paul
Paul