just thought i would tell a story of my weekend

General Bike chat
alan

Post by alan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jokes aside i'd swap all your weekends for the weekend i had, last week my mum found out she has lung cancer in both lungs 8O only found it because she had a gaul operation a month ago,dont know how long she has had it and should be starting treatment soon hopefully when they will tell her more.

Only thing that keeps my mind of things is coming on here at the minute reading all your tales of misery and bad servicing :wink: :lol: bolts snapping here bikes falling over there,and i know how it feels as my wife dropped my ninja :evil: anyway enough of all that shite,the weathers ace and i'm still not riding my bike.
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

Sorry to hear about your mother Alan, puts all our so-called ' problems' into perspective. :(

I wish your mother all the very best.Keep strong.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Sorry to here that Alan, my mother had breast cancer and had the op in november shes doing well just waiting for the all clear.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry too hear that Alan :!:

Chris.

Edit
I apologise Jason, I should have included you too :!:
Last edited by sirch345 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Guys, I truly am very sorry to hear about your mums. There's something I've noticed though, since I've been nursing & that is only "nice" people get cancer. Honestly, I've dealt with a lot of it & I've only seen one exception. My theory is that it's got a strong connection to stress. Horrible people who vent & spew their venomous yuck all over others seem to get rid of the poison & escape, but those who try to be a little more socially polite, ie, keep their judgements to themselves & not enter into sticking up for themselves type battles, generally get struck.

The only other thing that tends to be consistent with the condition is that those who give up generally lose the fight. The will to live makes a huge difference. Sometimes there really is nothing that can be done, but those who make a conscious effort to have a future more often than not, can beat it.

So encourage your loved ones to kick this thing in the gonads & stand by them as best you can. I guarantee they'll cope with it all better than you in any case.

Nursey advice session over.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
alan

Post by alan »

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support, hopefully everything will go okay.Jason hope your mum gets the results she's been hoping for.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

im truly sorry alan.

if its other peoples bike related distress thats keeping your chin up, have some of this

thought i had my carb problem sorted, turns out something aint right cos it cuts out when it gets warm. hitting the starter button just inflicts more pain and misery on the heap o' shite cos it hardly turns over.

when it does its fine. was so tempted to chop it in and get an sp2 today. absolutly fappin gorgeous and at only 5.5k i want one so bad
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Only just read this.

Alan.
We can all only wish her (and you) the very best. There are guys and gals out here thinking of her with fingers crossed!!!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
alan

Post by alan »

Cheers LSM much appreciated should know abit more by the 19 of this month, and Karl buy the sp you know you want to just think what you could have today maybe gone tommorrow!!! thats my way of thinking anyway,thats why i'm always skint :lol: