Chain and sprocket set?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Red

Chain and sprocket set?

Post by Red »

Hi folks,

My mate reckons my Chain is good for another 2000K, he adjusted it to take out the slack.

Unfortunately I am one of those riders that loves bikes but knows nothing about mechanics. I do make the effort to pick up tips. :?

Anyway to get to the point, when I buy a new chain do I buy just the chain or a Chain and sprocket set.

Please no left handed spanner jokes :lol:
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.
Jason

Re: Chain and sprocket set?

Post by Jason »

Red wrote:Hi folks,

My mate reckons my Chain is good for another 2000K, he adjusted it to take out the slack.

Unfortunately I am one of those riders that loves bikes but knows nothing about mechanics. I do make the effort to pick up tips. :?

Anyway to get to the point, when I buy a new chain do I buy just the chain or a Chain and sprocket set.

Please no left handed spanner jokes :lol:
Yep do both as they wear together, I did a search on here and found loads of good info :D
Red

Chain and sprocket set

Post by Red »

Thanks Jason,

Was lookin for the search option but, couldn't spot it :?

Should have looked a bit harder :lol:

Thanks again mate :wink:
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.