zillionth time.... Which Tyres ?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MrMastodon

Post by MrMastodon »

As others have mentioned, it's a very personal lthing and depends on conditions/riding style/expectations as to what works for different people. But here's my thoughts:

I've got BT014s on at the moment and haven't got any complaints at all.

I hated BT020s - wet grip was particularly poor, which is odd from a sensible tyre.

Avon Azaros. Don't talk to me about them. Had them fitted to my old TDM850. Lack of dry grip was such that I ended up spinning the back out of most slow bends in the dry. That is until I high-sided and wrote it off.

Loved Rennsports on my old GSXR.

Dunlop D207 always get a slating, but never found them too bad at all.

Uumm, thats all I can think of that comes to mind.
Spitfire

Diablos

Post by Spitfire »

Diablos give a nice feel and plenty of grip but my Storm developed front pattering under hard braking which I never had with my OE Dunlops (which were 204s I think). Nothing else was changed apart from the tyres. Tinkering with fork oil level has improved it but it's never fully gone away so I will be trying another tyre next time.

I can only assume that the Dunlop had more flex in it and the Pirelli is more rigid hence the pattering.