Ohlins rear shock

General Bike chat
WayneM

Ohlins rear shock

Post by WayneM »

Hi All

Ive decided to go for an Ohlins rear shock. Harris are offering one at £445 + VAT. Anyone know any where cheaper or is this already a good price?

Also, anything I should know about these before I go for it.

Cheers
Wayne
Fluffy

Yep

Post by Fluffy »

Speak to Roger at revolution, his penske shocks are custom built to your size / weight and are £490 including VAT.

They are a much better option than an "off the shelf" Ohlins unit, and are starting to become the rear shock of choice amongst many race teams.

Add to this that Roger gives lifetime support / advice once purchased which you wont get at Harris ;-)

Cya

Fluffy
I see no Firestorm......
Stormtrooper

SHOCKING!!

Post by Stormtrooper »

I think you can get a white power shock for £280 to £450 depending on what type you go for, but i have heard only good things about rodger 8) & the pensake shocks i have heard are also supposed to be pretty good, so i guess with rodgers services thrown in you would get much more than just what money could buy :D as they say ya pays yer money & takes yer chance!
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Sounds good to me. How do I get hold of Roger?
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bloody hell Wayne, you are worse than me!! I thought you decided to stop spending on the Storm!! Good on yer for changing your mind though, you know it makes sense!!! :D
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I fitted one of the WP emulsion types a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. At £280 it had made a real difference and is perfect for the road.

Al.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

lmao @ Speedy!

I know mate. I think I have some sort of a medical condition! :lol:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That's what I keep telling people but they don't believe me!! :)
cookiemonster

Post by cookiemonster »

i got ohlins (front and back) fitted at HM racing in Orpington - not too far from essex i guess. They set the bike up as part of the package, which i think is essential unless you really know what you're on about.

Absolutely stunning...

i'd had a cbr6 before and was hugely disappointed with the vtr (this was 4 -5 years ago). I was looking at chopping it in for a 'blade when a guy at work put me in touch with these guys - he'd raced for a while and they'd done his bikes. He'd then got a vtr, and got them to sort it.

cant recommend them high enough really.