any firefighters still on this site ???

General Biker Banter
dodds

any firefighters still on this site ???

Post by dodds »

hi, the old custom of practice issue is raising its ugly head again, and i just wanted to ask you all whats happening in you areas regarding driving ?? cheers dodds ( wholetime in devon by the way)
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

In London existing drivers are getting £8 per day when we drive. If you are on leave or sick no £8.

For new recruits driving is in their contract. They do their LGV as soon as they leave training and their EFAD at the end of their probation. They don't get the £8 because driving is in their contract. I think having a car license is compulsory when you apply for the job now.

If you want more info see PM
dodds

Post by dodds »

thought that was the case up there, we are being told that we cannot stop driving because as we have been driving for more than 3 months under custom of practice law it is now part of our contract and will be put on a charge and docked pay if will give it up, even though someone who has never driven in 20 years will keep the same pay !!!!! this cant be right can it ???
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Have a couple of minor accidents.(scrape a bumper, clip a wall)
Then tell them you have lost your nerve and don't feel confident to drive any more.
If they then order you to drive and you have another accident, think of the claim you and the crew would have for injuries and stress. Especially as you had told them you don't want to drive and warned them you are not up to the driving any more.
See the PM I sent you!
Radiator

Post by Radiator »

Hi you two

I'm wholetime West Yorks. Me thinks we are still in troubled times ,with more to come. Hours of work and shift changes for us .Because they can...no other reason!!
But hey they can't take my VTR off me 8O 8O

Peter
The old Northern man looking for that thing I lost years ago .From Leeds West Yorks.
Walenut

Post by Walenut »

LSI is custom of practice but their still taking that off us!

If you refuse to drive down here they are claiming it as partial performance and docking your pay.
Due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!
curly

Post by curly »

Hi,
Just found this post, not been here for a couple of months!
Things haven't changed too much here in Humberside, not yet anyway!
Heard last week that our Chief is retiring next year though, old school he is, likes things as they are. Just hoping we don't get some juggler taking over trying to make a name for himself!
Pete (Radiator), how long you been in the job? Did my training at Birkenshaw in 1989, good pubs near there! :D