Headlight bulb

General Bike chat
yellabell

Headlight bulb

Post by yellabell »

I've got the fairing off at the moment whilst I fitted these stick coils. While it's off, I want to change the stock, standard headlight bulb for something better. Can someone post a link up for a good alternative that they recommend please? No fuss, straight swap plug in. I know there's topic threads going back for years but there must be something on the market now that ticks all the boxes. Cheers
Last edited by yellabell on Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xeris

Re: Headlight bulb

Post by xeris »

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/ ... bulbs.html
Excellent reviews. A few on the Superhawk forum have it and reports are good. Fitment is hassel free. Don't know if they will ship to UK.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
xeris

Post by xeris »

Just occurred to me that the bulb is most likely set for right hand drive.
So never mind.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I can recommend these LED ones - OSRAM LEDriving HL Easy H4 LED headlamp bulbs - Manufacturer Information

I had some Chinese ones fitted to my V-Strom previously. They worked fine but looked strange with the fan on the end. The Osram ones have the fan integrated into the main part of the unit so look a lot nicer.

Al.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Crikey prices vary a bit! Cheers, I'll go the ebay route. If it does as expected/hoped, I'll keep it in.