ECU..

General Bike chat
Stephan

Re: ECU..

Post by Stephan »

mik_str wrote:Helloa gain. The compamny is called Ignitech and the e-mal address is the following: ignitech@ignitech.cz YOu will likely be dealing with a chap named Jan. The unit you want is the TCIP4. The HRC mapping data is available (Roger provided me with the general info, in essence, adjustments to the stock map)

cheers
Do you mean, that if i get this programmable unit for Hondas, you have data for HRC spec available? Maybe i would test it, it is little bit easier for me.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Don't they work better with fuel injection systems??
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

cybercarl wrote:An ignition map that can be altered via computer software. I think but I'm not 100% on that with specifically the HRC unit as it may be a fixed map with that, but it defo removes all the limitations that the standard electronics have like speed limiter, emissions restrictions etc.

What would be nice is to have fine control of the ignition timing map and adjusts things according to RPM's. A bit like fitting an ignition advancer except that is fixed and adjusts throughout the rev range and only in one direction, advance or retard! Basically having some kind of control over retarding and advancing the ignition timing where needs be depending on the state of tune.

So basically it's along similar lines of having a fuel injected bike and taking it along to the dyno, plugging in and adjusting or installing a different map. Advancing and retarding also has an affect of fuel, how clean the burn is depending on when the plug fires and ignites the charge.

(:-})
programmable unit is cheap, but tuning of the thing is bloody expensive :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's is very true. Plenty of dyno time would be necessary me thinks. Shame there's not many female dyno operators about. They'd make a great wife :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

there is always a chance they have daughter :D
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:That's is very true. Plenty of dyno time would be necessary me thinks. Shame there's not many female dyno operators about. They'd make a great wife :lol:

Now there's a nice thought carl :thumbup: :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Stephan wrote:
cybercarl wrote:An ignition map that can be altered via computer software. I think but I'm not 100% on that with specifically the HRC unit as it may be a fixed map with that, but it defo removes all the limitations that the standard electronics have like speed limiter, emissions restrictions etc.

What would be nice is to have fine control of the ignition timing map and adjusts things according to RPM's. A bit like fitting an ignition advancer except that is fixed and adjusts throughout the rev range and only in one direction, advance or retard! Basically having some kind of control over retarding and advancing the ignition timing where needs be depending on the state of tune.

So basically it's along similar lines of having a fuel injected bike and taking it along to the dyno, plugging in and adjusting or installing a different map. Advancing and retarding also has an affect of fuel, how clean the burn is depending on when the plug fires and ignites the charge.

programmable unit is cheap, but tuning of the thing is bloody expensive :-)
Well, I might be able to provide a few pointers, as I have owned a HRC ECU at one point, and are in fact running one of the above mentioned programmable ECU's... Or make that two... ;) As well as have had extensive (read unlimited) dyno time to set it up...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

cybercarl wrote:That's is very true. Plenty of dyno time would be necessary me thinks. Shame there's not many female dyno operators about. They'd make a great wife :lol:

great method of spouse selection :thumbup: :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Tweety wrote:Well, I might be able to provide a few pointers, as I have owned a HRC ECU at one point, and are in fact running one of the above mentioned programmable ECU's... Or make that two... ;) As well as have had extensive (read unlimited) dyno time to set it up...
ok, thanks. If I decide to buy ignitech unit, I will contact you :-)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here we go, here's another option for getting control over the ignition system.
http://www.msextra.com/

Been having a browse through the their forum and there's some interesting snippets in there.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 94&t=25488

==============================Enter the Darkside
1971allchaos

ECU..

Post by 1971allchaos »

I realize this post hasn't been added to or visited since 2014
Reading the information posts of Superhawk / Firestorm senior , knowledgeable owners
NOW, inheriting a "O.C.M. D" built motorcycle , that is an unbelievable ride...
After a mild adjustment of the suspension. Fresh fuel , and tire pressure check.... a 50 mile shakedown here in the mountain roads of western north carolina. Nothing extreme yet . getting acquainted...
Reading thru Mike's notebooks, receipts, service records, etc. This one item "HRC CDI " is a component , that very little information is available about.
Reading posts from Tweety, Mik_str, VTRdark, etc
May I ask for any information , I need keep in mind?

mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Critical advice is the HRC ECU does NOT have a rev limiter...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
1971allchaos

ECU..

Post by 1971allchaos »

Yes, Thank you Mik_str for re-iterating that information.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

1971allchaos wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:28 pm Yes, Thank you Mik_str for re-iterating that information.
and a side stand cutout so remember to kick it up :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: