Woohoo! More oil please

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Woohoo! More oil please

Post by tony.mon »

So Rosebank is going ahead.

I'm so looking forward to the climate change protestors sitting down trying to block the North Sea.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
haynesjones66

Re: Woohoo! More oil please

Post by haynesjones66 »

:lol: :lol:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

What they will need is a floatilla of small rubber boats….I wonder where they could get them from
pirks

Post by pirks »

Brilliant posts 👍

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation and explain to the protesters that they need oil for a lot more than fueling their vehicles and planes/boats for their annual holidays. If we stop producing it then we will only have to import it from other countries. Why don’t they go to Russia or even China and protest there, oh yes they can’t do that because they’d suddenly disappear as they won’t put up with this.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Isn't the glue they use to stick them self's to the roads a petrochemical product? Bloody idiots. Don't think natural fish glue would be as good....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

As I understand it, gas and oil are base products used to make many types of plastic. Giving up plastic might be a bit tougher than giving up petrol and diesel.

From a US website, but the same principle applies:
"Plastics are produced from natural gas, feedstocks derived from natural gas processing, and feedstocks derived from crude oil refining".

I don't mind them gluing themselves to road surfaces. It makes it much easier to "accidentally" stamp on their fingers.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

ChrisC wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:00 pm What they will need is a floatilla of small rubber boats….I wonder where they could get them from
There's a very simple and low-cost solution to reduce or stop the number of people crossing in small boats: give the traffickers medium-sized boats to use instead.
The politicians can claim that their targets have been met, and it will make crossings safer, too.

Why us it that I have to do all the thinking 🤔

Anyway, the crossings will stop as soon as the traffickers can't buy petrol any more. All the authorities have to do is wait.
Donut 77

Post by Donut 77 »

Got this T-Shirt for my birthday recently..

Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Donut 77 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:59 am Got this T-Shirt for my birthday recently..

G/T will be impressed 😜

Chris.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

pirks wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:50 pm Brilliant posts 👍

Someone needs to get a grip of the situation and explain to the protesters that they need oil for a lot more than fueling their vehicles and planes/boats for their annual holidays. If we stop producing it then we will only have to import it from other countries. Why don’t they go to Russia or even China and protest there, oh yes they can’t do that because they’d suddenly disappear as they won’t put up with this.
Exactly. What do they think is used in the lubrication systems of a wind turbine or an electric car for instance?

Al.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Donut 77 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:59 am Got this T-Shirt for my birthday recently..

omg i want one of those :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: