Site Admin

WARNING Anti Braking Cameras to FINE You for Slowing Down

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: WARNING Anti Braking Cameras to FINE You for Slowing Down

Post by Pete.L »

Now thats interesting.
Yet again the government is looking for a way to make more revenue without having to do anything and taking the fun out of driving.
I;m beginning to think I'm of the last generation that was able to have fun out on the roads. Youngsters of today are going to be so strangled in what they do and how they are controlled.

8O 8O 8O
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: WARNING Anti Braking Cameras to FINE You for Slowing Down

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:40 am Now thats interesting.
Yet again the government is looking for a way to make more revenue without having to do anything and taking the fun out of driving.
I;m beginning to think I'm of the last generation that was able to have fun out on the roads. Youngsters of today are going to be so strangled in what they do and how they are controlled.

8O 8O 8O
I agree about the money making racket. Where I live we have more 20 mph restrictions being put into force than ever before. They claim it's to make the roads in these built up areas safer, which I don’t have a problem with. However the people who never obey the 30mph limit are definitely not going to stick to the new lower speed limit of 20mph. They also say it’s to cut down on emissions, the biggest contributors to that in these areas IMO are the sleeping policemen, as vehicles slow down to go over these speed restrictions then accelerate to build the speed back up after doing this. As we live in a hilly part of the country this means more fuel is burnt,

Chris.