I met DJWalker at Brands

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

gilson

I met DJWalker at Brands

Post by gilson »

I haven't been here for a while, no reason other than not really riding doing much on the bike.

It was great to meet another Firestorm track bike owner. There was also a third Firestorm at Brands yesterday, but I didn't see them.

Sharing a garage with @DJWALKER was really good fun.

I hope all is well.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: I met DJWalker at Brands

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear from you Gilson 👍

It sounds like you had a brilliant day, made even better by sharing a garage with another Forum member at the race track 👍😎

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ahh DJ on Hamburg late of the MacCave....
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gilson

Post by gilson »

DJ did say that it was one of Mac's. He was certainly enjoying it. I think it was his first track day too. It's great to see another Storm and even better to recognise the person from his forum name.

Plans are afoot for Donny. I've never been there but several mates say it's a great track.

I'm buying some of those exhaust flanges from Mac. The front popped off last year, God only knows why I didn't check the rear.

The Indy suits the Storm well. Apart from a few hundred meters in fourth, it's 2nd and 3rd practically all the way round. The auto gearbox is my favourite thing about the Storm

No bike (yet).
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

gilson wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:09 pm
The Indy suits the Storm well. Apart from a few hundred meters in fourth, it's 2nd and 3rd practically all the way round. The auto gearbox is my favourite thing about the Storm Image

You still running the 16 tooth front sprocket, then?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Post by gilson »

tony.mon wrote:
The Indy suits the Storm well. Apart from a few hundred meters in fourth, it's 2nd and 3rd practically all the way round. The auto gearbox is my favourite thing about the Storm Image

Hi Tony, I haven't changed, so I guess it's the standard.

Do you suggest changing it?

Apart from putting Mac's lovely flanges on, with new seals and bolts (posh posh), the next thing I was going to do was a pair of slicks.

It's a standard engine and goes well. I would like 180BHP but can't use all it has now.

Mind you, after selecting second gear going into paddock hill bend, a slipper clutch would be nice, and new pants.

No bike (yet).
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

gilson wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:32 pm
tony.mon wrote:

Hi Tony, I haven't changed, so I guess it's the standard.

Do you suggest changing it?

Apart from putting Mac's lovely flanges on, with new seals and bolts (posh posh), the next thing I was going to do was a pair of slicks.

It's a standard engine and goes well. I would like 180BHP but can't use all it has now.

Mind you, after selecting second gear going into paddock hill bend, a slipper clutch would be nice, and new pants.

No, although a 15 tooth front gives you a bit better acceleration, you may find that you need an extra gear change as you push the revs higher. As you say, using the torque is the key with Storms.
And yes, a slipper clutch helps a lot- I put one on the SP2 after it threw a hissy fit braking in the wet, but never tried one on any of the Storm variants I had over the years.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.