Helmet

General Biker Banter
Nosepicker

Helmet

Post by Nosepicker »

Hi guys.
Hoping you are all enjoying the long awaited spring - I am - and are doing ok.
A few weeks back I surrendered and got myself a pair of glasses and I must say the world looks somewhat different now.
Sadly there is absoluteley no room for glasses in my current helmet.
Does anyone on this great forum have any experience and/or suggestions to a suitable helmet for an old spectacle wearing geezer?

Many thanks in advance, Martin :wave:
Bad choices make good stories :D
Jamoi

Re: Helmet

Post by Jamoi »

Hey Martin,

Mrs Jamoi is waiting for delivery of a Vespa and in the mean time has been shopping for a helmet, jacket etc.

I'm guilty of going to my local bike shop and picking the first thing I try on... however Mrs Jamoi is much smarter.

She ordered about 15 helmets using Sportsbikeshop's "try on or buy in store" feature. Where you can just add thousands of pounds worth of kit to your basket and order it into store to try on. Totally free, no commitment.

Needless to say, she now has the perfect helmet!

Oh and guess where we are going tomorrow, to try on a billion freakin jackets...

Jamie :wave:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nosepicker wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:40 am
Does anyone on this great forum have any experience and/or suggestions to a suitable helmet for an old spectacle wearing geezer?

Many thanks in advance, Martin :wave:
Don't feel limited for what you can or can't have. A lot of helmets these days have linings suitable for glasses. My HJC has soft bits for glasses, so does my brothers AGV and Shoei lids. Have a word with the sales person and see what's available. Or just try a few on and see if they work. Make sure they are not too tight around the back of the ears and the front doesn't press your glasses onto the bridge of your nose.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i have a shoei NXR and the spexs fit really well
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Thanks for your feedback guys :thumbup:

Oh and guess where we are going tomorrow, to try on a billion freakin jackets...
You are a patient man Jamoi :D
Bad choices make good stories :D
bigbadjonno

Post by bigbadjonno »

I wore my trusty old full face Shoei for years, but the pain is in having to take glasses off to get the lid on/off.
I switched to Caberg flip fronts in the end, and have stuck with them since. The only downside is that they are noisier than a full face, but a game changer for convenience when wearing specs.