Brake Banjo Bolt Sizes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Azer

Brake Banjo Bolt Sizes

Post by Azer »

Hey Guys,

Need to replace the front brake hoses and want to make sure I order the correct stuff.

Just been looking at the banjo bolts on the front brakes.
On the calipers I have: 12mm Hexagons
On the handles bars: I have a 14mm Hexagon.
Can anybody tell me which thread this means I have please?

Got the arrangement with two hoses from handle bar/brake lever/master-cylinder. One running to each caliper on the front wheel.

Thanks.
MacV2

Re: Brake Banjo Bolt Sizes

Post by MacV2 »

As far as I'm aware the hex size makes no difference apart from the supplier... Std Honda ones are 12mm. Thread is normaly 1.25 IIRC although some differemnt M/C's use a fine thread 1.00. easy to spot if you look at them...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Brembo are a different thread to Honda ones.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Azer

Post by Azer »

Hey up,

Right, as I feared, there are lots of variations.

I need to replace my front hoses, I'd like to go slightly longer than I currently have (which may or may not be stock), so that I can raise the bars up the forks.

Working on the basis that they are a 12/13/14mm hexagon, with 1.25 thread pitch. That should mean they are M8.
So, if I order hoses with rings that are M8 clearance, I should be good.
No?

Thanks all.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yes they are all M8 but as MacV2 said there are some with a fine 1mm thread and others with the standard 1.25mm pitch.

If you have Std storm master cyl and callipers i am pretty sure they are 1.25 pitch
AMcQ
Azer

Post by Azer »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:53 pm Yes they are all M8 but as MacV2 said there are some with a fine 1mm thread and others with the standard 1.25mm pitch.

If you have Std storm master cyl and callipers i am pretty sure they are 1.25 pitch
Thank you very much.

It is only the hoses which I am looking to change. Now that I know what bore the coupling rings are, I can order them.

However, everywhere I look they only sell M10. :confused
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Azer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 am
AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:53 pm Yes they are all M8 but as MacV2 said there are some with a fine 1mm thread and others with the standard 1.25mm pitch.

Thank you very much.

It is only the hoses which I am looking to change. Now that I know what bore the coupling rings are, I can order them.

Your not looking very hard... https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... t&_sacat=0

Plus if your going for a two line 'race' set up you'll need a double banjo for the M/C.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... r-cylinder

No.24 standard banjos M10 x 1.25
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Azer

Post by Azer »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:58 pm
Azer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:25 am

Thank you very much.

Your not looking very hard... https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... t&_sacat=0

Plus if your going for a two line 'race' set up you'll need a double banjo for the M/C.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... r-cylinder

No.24 standard banjos M10 x 1.25
They are all M10, I was looking for M8, as I was lead to belive they were M8.
As at Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:53 pm, my information was that they were M8.

Now that I know they are M10...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

My mistake mate…. That what happens if I don’t go into the garage and measure one…. This getting old is a right pain :lol:
AMcQ