Straight bar conversions

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
masterdave

Straight bar conversions

Post by masterdave »

Going to remove the front fairing and straight bar swap my firestorm, anyone have a rough list of parts I need to do this? In assuming top yoke, bars, lines, and some sort of headlight and indicator setup? I know it's not to everyone's taste but I'm struggling to ride without straight bars and it will mean I can keep the bike as opposed to selling it and getting a bandit or something similar
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Straight bar conversions

Post by sirch345 »

You can have a read of what I did to my Firestorm when I fitted Renthal Ultra low handlebars, although I have kept the fairing and headlamp etc, but you may still find some useful information:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41099&p=447870

Chris.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i dont know if it's of any help, but i have mk1 fazer 600 risers on mine which lean back a bit. this might help with clearing the fairing. i cant tell on mine as the fairing is butchered anyway
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Keep the fairing. Any straight bar set up will fit with minor trimming.

I uesd an CnC yoke, Renthal bars & CBR f4i masters. I have CBR f4i callipers on my one so the masters needed changing anyway.

Just trimmed the fairing to take the 'ears' off to clear the masters. As for the mirrors I have extenders on the OEM mirrors.

If you go with the flat bars you'll need less trimming & might be able to use the std m/c's.

As it happens I have a ABM kit that could be for sale. New from ABM they are 329 euros prob + shipping & import duties.

ABM kits are a plate that goes over the the std Yoke so you dont replace the top yoke like the CnC one...So you dont need to change the ignition over.

These bars have quite a bit of rise to them & are wider than the Rentals I use. there are some bar end mirrors with them as well.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
integerspin

Post by integerspin »

Any pictures from further back, so I can get a better idea of how much the fairing was trimmed?
And maybe a photos with the forks on the lock stops.

I am looking for a bike to buy and one nice looker has had the faring behind the mirrors cut away.
It looks like its got stock bars. Emails were answered until I asked about the fairing.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

integerspin wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:04 pm Any pictures from further back, so I can get a better idea of how much the fairing was trimmed?
And maybe a photos with the forks on the lock stops.

I am looking for a bike to buy and one nice looker has had the faring behind the mirrors cut away.
It looks like its got stock bars. Emails were answered until I asked about the fairing.
Murv Harris 1.jpg
Murvinator 271021 4.JPG
new clutch 1.JPG
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...