Yorkshire 12th, 13th, 14th May 2023

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

gabi81

Re: Yorkshire 12th, 13th, 14th May 2023

Post by gabi81 »

Everybody attending this meet payment in full by 3rd of April 2023. Thanks
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Where is this?
I may be working near there then so I may attend.
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

rollingthunderx2 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:13 pm Where is this?
I may be working near there then so I may attend.
Gauber bunk barn
Near ribblehead viaduct
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Thank you gents for the swift replies and payments.
There is 1 spot remaining as you all know via the WhatsApp group. And a table of 12 is booked at the pub down road for the Saturday at 18.30 for food and drinks.
I have a complete list of requests for drinks and I will pass that on to the bunkhouse as well as breakfast stuff ordered for the weekend.
If u have any further special requests for items please let me know ASAP so I can order it if not you are bringing it with you.
Thanks
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Gabi81, I might come over, it all depends.
It's my Retirement leaving do on that day with all the lads from work, and friends.
But it is meant be on the Ale Trail on the train from Stalybridge to Hull, so if the train drivers are on strike it won't be happening, therefore leaving me free to come over.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Weather forecast is starting to look good for us. Fingers crossed it keeps getting better
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev, I don’t want to jinks your retirement do, but it will be great to see you if you do come over :thumbup:

Oh and congratulations on getting retired …. You can teach me to weld now :lol:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks to Al (and Paula) for hosting Pete and I on Thursday night, breaking up the journey up there into two legs- we took the wiggly route up rather than slogging up the motorway, and dropped into Kev's on the way.

Sadly Kev's gout and his general decline since retiring stopped him from getting on the bike so he followed along in his van and stayed over Friday night, but then unexpectedly turned up again Sunday morning with Sue to watch us eat breakfast. It was good to catch up with you both. The weather came good after all, a bit chilly first thing Saturday but great roads as ever. We headed out to Whitby (fish and chip centre of the North, apparently) and fed the gulls.

I split off from the group at that point as the Italian gf of a bike had a little hissy fit and denied me traction control, ABS and at some unpredictable points for a few seconds while it was resetting, throttle and brakes.
Just what you need to keep you awake!

I headed back to the bunkhouse on my own, as I didn't want to endanger the others in the group, but still had full power and sticky tyres, so enjoyed the ride back. So I'll have to plug it in so that I can find out what I've done wrong this time...(Italian gf not talking to me atm).

Victor treated me (thanks!) to a bottle of the local Black Sheep ale, and we then found it was on tap when we went to the pub Saturday night.

The usual craic, banter, excesses of alcohol and general pisstaking were in attendance, and a good time was had by all.
And Em's new Ducarty goes alright...

As Mac wasn't able to get time off work, I'll update the milage: I did 890 miles door to door- no idea of fuel usage, but over 40 mpg using Super. Either way, we all made sure that the poor little prehistoric creatures that gave their lives to provide us with petrol didn't die in vain.

New tyres, chain and sprockets needed now.
(and if it stops playing up I might rinse it off with the jet washer).

Next stop, Devon!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Glad all went well Tony 👍 Not that it matters but how many VTR’s made it?
The Aprilia throwing a hissy sounds a little sketchy to say the least!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tony, glad you all had a good time, a shame about your Italian gf playing up a little :wink:
Impressive mileage covered :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:12 pm Glad all went well Tony 👍 Not that it matters but how many VTR’s made it?
The Aprilia throwing a hissy sounds a little sketchy to say the least!!!
The bike count was

2 ktms (Grumpyfrog and AMCQ46)
2 suzukis (PeteL and Michael (a mate of victors)
3 Ducatis (Gabi, Mark VTR1000 and Em)
1 Italian girlfriend (Tony)
2 VWs (Kev & Victor)
1 BMW (Lindsay, Grumpyfrogs brother)
1 vtr (flatline met us 30 miles into the ride but left before Whitby)

So in answer to your question Kev ….. half a VTR
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Interestingly the number of people who still own a VTR was 5 (AMCQ46, PeteL, Mark VTR1000, Victor, Cheekykev) they just have something easier on their old knees to use for a multi day ride.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Following on from Tonys report here’s a bit more and some photos (not many!)

There were people coming in from 3 directions to all meet up on Friday evening at the fantastic Bunk Barn near Ribbleshead Viaduct.

Group 1 - Stu (grumpyFrog) the only one coming from the north, so he had brought his little KTM down in the back of the van to his In-laws house, then ridden the last bit to arrive first. His brother Lindsay was also coming on his big BMW GS but couldn’t get permission to sleep over, so he was going to arrive Saturday morning.

Group 2 - PeteL Suzuki GSX1000GT, Tony.mon V4 Tuono & AMCQ46 KTM 1190 supermoto, we had taken the scenic route up from Worcester area and after dropping in to see old man Kev, we arrived to find Stuart drinking all the beer that had been pre delivered to the bunkhouse (way too much it turns out)………. As Tony was a bit worried that he wouldn’t have enough beer, he had picked up a 4 pack at the petrol station in Settle and discovered that he could fit them in the various pockets in his Adventure coat / poachers jacket (think they were a bit fizzy after the leaps and jumps on the last 15miles of twistys.

Group 3 - Gabi Ducati V2 Multistrada Adventure thing, Victor Honda CBR1000, Em Ducati 990 Sport, Michael 600 Badit, Mark VTR1000 on another Ducati Multistrada were coming in from the east side. They were last to rock up and as they had all the barby stuff in Gabi’s panniers, we were actually looking forwards to his arrival :lol:

It was as if we hadn’t been in hibernation all winter, we were instantly talking baldrocks and taking the pi55 like old mates. So as the drink flowed the BBQ was fired up and the children’s got fed.
F12120BE-C144-4C76-8B20-B5B65369048A.jpeg
D49B73B8-3870-4B54-B5A6-F6DEA2E44478.jpeg
As it was Gabi’s birthday week, Stuart had bought him a knob key ring present
E2778A8C-D910-4B6E-9268-79859F6E639A.jpeg

A few more beers and we hit the sack with the committed plan to leave the bunkhouse by 9.30, and despite the fact we had to cook our own breakfast (thanks Gabi & Pete), and wait for Lindsay to arrive …… we were off bank on time :thumbup:

Plan was a big loop all the way to the east to Whitby for fish and chips and back in time for a table booked at the local pub for 6.30pm, so we made some good progress to Hawes for the cheapest petrol station in the country. I had told Flattline that we would wait there till 10, and then we would wait again in leyburn if he wasn’t in hawes in time….. Leyburn worked and we had our only VTR.

The sun was having a big day out and we had some great roads and magnificent views of the Yorkshire dales and made it baCK TO THE PUB BANG ON 6.30, but we didn’t have tome to go back to the bunkhouse and change, so we rocked up beside all the sunburned & exhausted 3 peaks walkers in out full leathers. :D
19B1A688-E1DA-4276-B591-A2BF7FFD7B8C.jpeg
A nice feed in the pub and then back to the bunk house for more beer and chat

Sleep came easy after a long day, despite the snoring from the other room, and when I got up the next morning we had visitors (Kev & Sue) … and the sun was back with us again for our trip back home.

Another big breakfast cooked by Gabi and we were all getting ready to head our different ways. Group 2 took the more direct route home and had some lane splitting fun on the M6 before going our separate ways at the M5 junction.

What a great weekend to start the year, and thanks to Gabi & Em for the prep work, thanks to Yorkshire for the roads and the views, and thanks to me for leading and not losing anybody this year :lol:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That was a good read Al, thanks for posting that up and the photo's :thumbup: :thumbup:
Great that the weather was good for you 8) 8)

Chris.