Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Duffy1964

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by Duffy1964 »

Fantastic job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:56 am Fantastic job ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't agree more :thumbup:

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

I needed to make some brackets out of alloy tube, but of you squash the ends in the vice it looks crap… so I made this little die that profiles the ends round which also make them stronger.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That looks so much more professional than just using a vice as you rightly point out 8)

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

I made a speedo housing earlier in the build, but I was not happy with the result :oops: so I tried again... this one is better...

turning the dome took some doing! I have rubber mounted it as I always feel electronics need it…

buzzer

Post by buzzer »

I wanted to add some custom detail onto the bike, in particular on the valve covers... So I tried the technique of etching alloy... have to say it worked rather well! Oh, and although those indicators are small, they are amazingly bright!

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks great , keep um coming 👍👍
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Are they mo.blaze indicators by Moto gadget?
I had some as secondary indicators on my SP2- and yes, they're very bright.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:06 pm Are they mo.blaze indicators by Moto gadget?
I had some as secondary indicators on my SP2- and yes, they're very bright.
they are El. Cheapo off Ebay :lol: lets see how long they last... :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Those indicators are that small I nearly missed them :lol:

Good job with the new speedo housing, thanks for adding the video 8)

Chris.

PS. The etching also came out great :clap:

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Onto for me what is the most enjoyable part of a build... the wiring. I have a process for this I stick to. First I draw out the wiring diagram in Microsoft Visio, and colour code the wires. Then I order the wire in, which is quite cheap and any connectors I need. So often the standard of the electrics is what make a bike trouble free in the future. I then build the loom actually on the bike, circuit by circuit, wire by wire, which I hold temporarily in place with some Velcro cable ties. When its all in place I use that braided sheathing and close the ends with heat shrink tubing. it make a neat job. Rather than connect the main battery leads up, I use a fly lead with a 10 amp fuse just in case I make a mistake. I crimp, and if needed solder every joint. I have rubber mounted the coils and put them on an alloy heat sink. I also like to make my own HT leads out of solid copper lead, so I can get them to fit perfectly...

I have also used up the last of the Tygon fuel tube I had in stock... Its 8mm ID and I am unable to source any more without buying a large quantity, which is really annoying.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Keep up the good work Tony, it's all coming together very nicely 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

buzzer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:35 pm Onto for me what is the most enjoyable part of a build... the wiring. I have a process for this I stick to. First I draw out the wiring diagram in Microsoft Visio, and colour code the wires. Then I order the wire in, which is quite cheap and any connectors I need. So often the standard of the electrics is what make a bike trouble free in the future. I then build the loom actually on the bike, circuit by circuit, wire by wire, which I hold temporarily in place with some Velcro cable ties. When its all in place I use that braided sheathing and close the ends with heat shrink tubing. it make a neat job. Rather than connect the main battery leads up, I use a fly lead with a 10 amp fuse just in case I make a mistake. I crimp, and if needed solder every joint. I have rubber mounted the coils and put them on an alloy heat sink. I also like to make my own HT leads out of solid copper lead, so I can get them to fit perfectly...

I have also used up the last of the Tygon fuel tube I had in stock... Its 8mm ID and I am unable to source any more without buying a large quantity, which is really annoying.

fav part is wiring? :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 this proves you are a very sick man.

carry on :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Amazon have listings for Tygon 8mm id in metre lengths.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:39 pm Amazon have listings for Tygon 8mm id in metre lengths.
thanks for that! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 1 have ordered 3 meters... :D