Dyno

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
flojoe

Dyno

Post by flojoe »

Hi all I purchased a firestorm that had an engine change at some stage. . It has a pair of high level. Small can scorpion exhaust. Problem I have is it is a bit fluffy on power take off and pops and bangs a lot. Was wondering best way forward is it putting it in for a tune up on a dyno. Which I think might be expensive. Or try different exhaust. I had a ride on someone else one today and it was totally different wanted to come up in first and second ps I’m in Essex.
Attachments
B67267EF-68F3-4195-AA01-8D3478D511C5.jpeg
masterdave

Re: Dyno

Post by masterdave »

Depending on where you are in Essex, there's a good place in Sudbury for Dyno work, if you are near I'll send you the details
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

to get a baseline put everything back to standard carb/airbox wise including airfilter and fuel screws then you can see where your starting from.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

The short cans probably aren't helping, twins like longer ones, and the popping sounds like it's lean. Fabio's bang on with going back to stock. Exhausts are cheap and the stock jetting is easy to find on here.

I always advocate for using a Dyno. The butt-dyno is notoriously unreliable and you need to have a fair idea of a good starting point, and know which direction you need to go in, in order to get anywhere. Dyno time might be more expensive but it's faster and always accurate. Way better to spend the money and know it's right.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk