Selling a VTR1000F year 2000

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
redanddarkblue

Selling a VTR1000F year 2000

Post by redanddarkblue »

I would like some help on selling my bike. Colour, Midnight Blue.
I would like to sell it to a VTR Owner if possible.
Are we allowed to give our email contact address?
I am not very techie about attaching photos so email would be easier.
How do I know that this is being read and that I can be notified if anyone wants to get in contact?
popkat

Re: Selling a VTR1000F year 2000

Post by popkat »

As you joined in 2011 you should be able to post an advert in the "for sale" section, the rules changed for newer members but you have what's known as grandad rights so take some photo's and post an advert, also put a price on it :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

redanddarkblue wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:52 pm I would like some help on selling my bike. Colour, Midnight Blue.
I would like to sell it to a VTR Owner if possible.
Are we allowed to give our email contact address?
I am not very techie about attaching photos so email would be easier.
How do I know that this is being read and that I can be notified if anyone wants to get in contact?
Hi, It's not possible for you to advertise your bike for sale on this Forum due to some rules we introduced just before you joined. You need to have made 50 posts to have access to the Sales and Wants section, in over 11yrs you have only made 2 posts, this request being one of them.
As with many who join this Forum, not all I hasten to add, people just don't check out the Forum Rules.

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Rule 11 above (from the link below) explains the criteria required for Sales and Wants.

Forum Rules: https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 23&t=19054

Chris (aka sirch345 Admin.)
redanddarkblue

Post by redanddarkblue »

Thank you, popkat for your reply / information but from the comments posted by sirch345 I will have to go else where to sell the bike.
If either of you has an email or phone number that I can contact you on it would be nice to chat to someone in person about the best way I can move the bike on to a fellow enthusiast.
I am sorry sirch345 that I have only two posts but I know I have visited the site far more times over the last number of years but my lack of PC skill on social media may be more of a problem. I am obviously too old.
I would like some help with this..
I do not have a family member or friend locally who I can drag over and help understand what I need to do.

Thank you again.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

redanddarkblue wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:55 pm Thank you, popkat for your reply / information but from the comments posted by sirch345 I will have to go else where to sell the bike.
If either of you has an email or phone number that I can contact you on it would be nice to chat to someone in person about the best way I can move the bike on to a fellow enthusiast.
I am sorry sirch345 that I have only two posts but I know I have visited the site far more times over the last number of years but my lack of PC skill on social media may be more of a problem. I am obviously too old.
I would like some help with this..
I do not have a family member or friend locally who I can drag over and help understand what I need to do.

Thank you again.
I have emailed you, so please check your junk or spam folder in your email account if it doesn't show in your inbox,

Chris.