Monday blast around Chirk, Llangollen & Esclusham mountain

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

yellabell

Monday blast around Chirk, Llangollen & Esclusham mountain

Post by yellabell »

Took the Monday off work and had a little tootle down to Wales from sunny West Yorkshire yesterday. My mate Jonny tagged along on his Triumph.
A family relative who'd invited himself to pillion on the back of my VTR was my companion for the day. He used to have a Royal Enfield back in the day and fancied a day out for old times sake. We had some right belly-laughs as he struggled to get on and off the bike, his legs aren't as bendy as they once were! I had to park up near various kerbsides and benches to give him half a chance! He did great for an old stick of 79 years young! Our route took us around some very spectacular sights, something which might be of interest to those of you attending the upcoming Wales Storm.

Amongst other places we went to Chirk Railway viaduct, where we also had a fabulous brekky to start the day at the Caffi Wylfa , onto Chirk castle and the wrought-iron gates, then onto Pontcysyllte aqueduct & canal over the river Dee. Further on in the route we ended up on the 'Panorama' a spectacular single track road with views over the Dee valley and Vale of Llangollen. Quite hairy in places, big drops and plenty of timid sheep! From here you can go on up to the 12th C ruins of Castle Dinas Bran if you fancy stretching your legs a bit. Onto Horsehoe falls, tge Chain Bridge, Brittania Inn pub, and along another cracking road, the Horseshoe Pass which led us to the Legendary biker cafe 'Ponderosa' and then further on to a picturesque moorland single-track mountain road to the village of Minera and the old disused lead mines where there's a museum and country pub.

Great day out had by all, lovely scenery and good roads for the bike. All the best folks, Mick

Last edited by yellabell on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanfjones1411

Re: Monday blast around Chirk, Llangollen & Esclusham mountain

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Looks like you had a great day out.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wow your 79yrs young pillion passenger did well didn't he 8)
It sounds like you had a great day out :clap:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done chaps, glad you had a grand day out!

:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Fiddler

Post by Fiddler »

Well done all the way from Yorkshire . Wife came from Fron
Back window view to aquaduct Only 50 miles from Liverpool
Once the wheels back on my first run out . . A good tankful and take it easy .worried won't be as comfortable as Pan european ..
Better go go go . Feels like bullets pushing you down the road !