scottoiler

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
sammy347

scottoiler

Post by sammy347 »

hi guys i want to fit a scottoiler v system but i am not sure where the vacuum line goes on the bike, is it easy , i am not that handy at fiddley stuff, just changing pads, chain and sprockets stuff. tried looking on the site probably looking in the wrong place, any help wellcome, cheers sammy
MacV2

Re: scottoiler

Post by MacV2 »

The Vac line comes off the rear head on the left front. From there it goes the the rear of the petcock on the base of the tank.

So follow it down from there. It's all a bit easier to get to if you take the tank off, just remember wher all the pipes go...

You'll need to cut the vac pipe & put a T-peice in to run the pipe to the Scotoiler long enough for where your mounting it... Seen them under the seat, touring packs ones fit on the back of the numberplate. I've mounted mine upright to the side.

Could never get the pipe to sit in the right place to deliver the oil to the sprocket as its supposed to... Oil on the sprocket flings out & on to the chain... I'd set it & when home after a ride it wuould be just hanging down... Now I have drilled a smal hole in the chain gaurd near the front sprocket. & the oil dripps down on to the chain... As thats not how its supposed to work i.e. getting into the plates I tend to run it a bit high on delivery...More has got to be better than not enough...!

Oil does run down the side stand & will pool when standing at that point but its not on the rear wheel or tyre !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sammy347

Post by sammy347 »

thanks so much mac. so can i feed into the vac line up near the tank or do i have to be nearer the carb, also i have a hugger so no chain guard but ill face that as it goes, pictures a great help. cheers sammy
popkat

Post by popkat »

Scottoiler crap, will cause grief and keep stopping..
Nice idea but they never work for long and are expensive.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sammy347 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:34 pm thanks so much mac. so can i feed into the vac line up near the tank or do i have to be nearer the carb, also i have a hugger so no chain guard but ill face that as it goes, pictures a great help. cheers sammy
Go about 5-6 inches from the petcock.

Once you have the T-Peice in that line, if you add a vac line from the front take off you can use both lines to do the carb balance. Disconect from the scotoiler & use that for one of the carb balancer lines & the other from the front.

When not in use the vac lines MUST be plugged off. So plug the front line & reconect the scotoiler...
neil

Post by neil »

I fitted new chain sprockets at about 13,000 miles with scotoiler at same time. Been excellent no regrets, occasionally needs last bit of pipe realigning to chain, excess oil wipes off easy enough. VTR is now on about 48,000 miles chain and sprockets are still looking good. On my ZZR1400 its had one on since new. It's done 28,000 miles same story on chain condition now. Thumbs up from me.
redvtr
sammy347

Post by sammy347 »

sorry mac a bit double dutch to me, i was going to juat cut the vac line insert t piece and plug scottoiler into other t piece section , dont know what front take off is or carb balance never did it before .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You will only need one T-peice in the vac line. The pipe that come off the T is what goes to the scottoiler.

Carb balance is not nessacary to do to fit the oiler so ignor that... for the fitting of the oiler...

Carb balance is worth doing to aid smooth running. If the carbs are out of balance you'll suffer more vibrations.

Have a read... https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 51#p148551