Rider intercom systems

General Bike chat
yellabell

Rider intercom systems

Post by yellabell »

What's everyone using for rider to passenger intercoms? I rarely carry a pillion but next month I'm going to be in Wales where I'll be doing a couple of days touring. It's a very scenic route taking in a lot of the sights. The pillion is going to be my wife's uncle and he's 78!! It was his idea so I thought why not! He used to ride yonks ago and fancies a blast. I think it'll add nicely to the trip.

I've been looking at the Cardo Freecom 2+ duo kit. A bit pricey for an item which might not get used much but I figured I'd keep it after we've ridden Wales and my missus can use it on future rides. And for solo riding, to be honest I quite like the idea of hands free call answering/dialling and the ability to hear sat nav directions. Not interested in music while riding so that's not important.

Any suggestions, what works well for you lot? Price and ease of use are the deciding factors for me. Cheers Mick
AMCQ46

Re: Rider intercom systems

Post by AMCQ46 »

I use an old cardo system but also thinking about upgrading to the freecom.

They work well and you can hear music even with earplugs and the noise cancelling mic is great, those on the other end of the phone are shocked when I tell them I am on a motorbike at 80mph with open race cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Rider intercom systems

Post by Pete.L »

I'll second the cardo.
Mine must be at least six years old and it's been great. I never thought I would want music, too much of a distraction when getting sporty, but I use the radio most days when commuting to work.
Bike to bike or just to passenger is really handy. It saves a load of shouting and gesticulating, can be good fun talking about people in the petrol stations without them knowing it too.
:D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal